• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2022: Stage 9 (Aigle – Châtel Les Portes du Soleil, 192.9k)

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
It's a good stage with likeable top 4 producing a nice winner in an enjoyable way, I don't find any reason to whine about it. I'm okay with this Tour so far. It's even better that the 2 main teams' plans in this race are not so easy to understand.

Jonas, who weighs like 125 lbs and had great legs and form. All it takes is one day.

I think Pog is afraid of Jonas in the high mountains at hot conditions.

What was the team goal today? They rode really hard all day. They just don't want to give the jersey away it seems.
He seems to look back at Roglic though. Obviously Covid is his biggest rival and he's aware of it.

I don't understand why he doesn't give yellow away. I think it's bad for them as it gives less rest. But the better for me as I don't want Pog to win :joycat:

Reactions: Sandisfan
UmMtoh4.png

Actually Vlasov was in the group when they started the downhill. They didn't pace that hard so he came back towards the end of the climb. Surely helped by Kämna and Konrad being there in the flatter part of the climb.
But the first time he lost contact was at about the same moment, right? Watched on German Eurosport and the camera showed Martinez being dropped and seconds later they were calling "Vlasov also in difficulties". He obviously had Konrad and Kämna to pace him back but still huge difference.