• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2024: Stage 14: Pau - Saint-Lary-Soulan Pla d’Adet 151.9km

Page 43 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
One of the interesting advances in training comes from Tadej's trainer, Iñigo San Millán. His zone 2 training technique has had obvious consequences for Tadej's career. David Millar has discussed San Milln's training techniques. He said he was in the best shape of his life after using them.

Competitive and recreational athletes have had great success with it.

The bald fraud!!

One of the interesting advances in training comes from Tadej's trainer, Iñigo San Millán. His zone 2 training technique has had obvious consequences for Tadej's career. David Millar has discussed San Milln's training techniques. He said he was in the best shape of his life after using them.

Competitive and recreational athletes have had great success with it.

He has become a lot better after having changed trainer from that charlatan.

What's the main takeaway. I thought Tadej and San Millan parted amicably.
Probably. But there was a user, @mou, that emerged, calling Millan "bald fraud". And since Pogacar is not held back anymore by the bald fraud, and with Sola now, he will show us a whole new level and a legendary season. Thats the summary, paired with (claiming to at least) knowing someone close to Pogacar/the team, and from time to time sprinkling training data in the conversation (although, at times absurd values as well).

Reactions: SHAD0W93
Probably. But there was a user, @mou, that emerged, calling Millan "bald fraud". And since Pogacar is not held back anymore by the bald fraud, and with Sola now, he will show us a whole new level and a legendary season. Thats the summary, paired with (claiming to at least) knowing someone close to Pogacar/the team, and from time to time sprinkling training data in the conversation (although, at times absurd values as well).
Well, I’ll need time to decide who I trust more about this: a professor of physiology at Colorado, or a guy with an internet connection. I’ll get back to you.

Well, I’ll need time to decide who I trust more about this: a professor of physiology at Colorado, or a guy with an internet connection. I’ll get back to you.
You think Pogacar ridding with a fractured wrist hold him back last year? Vocally sat on his bike during the stages in pain he said on both rest days, body properly didnt spend any energy at all on that. 3 weeks of training and no normal altitude training aswell none of those things hold im back or we maybe check with the physiolog in Colorado just to be sure there too?

I have always been critical of the particular user and I am still not quite sure if we really see a whole new level or just the same as last year more or less, without the injury and on the other hand Vingegaard's problems. The Giro is no test, Pogi can any year win that by 10 minutes.

That said, @mou gained some prominence, even being quoted by Johan Bruyneel in The Move :p

Reactions: scribers
You think Pogacar ridding with a fractured wrist hold him back last year? Vocally sat on his bike during the stages in pain he said on both rest days, body properly didnt spend any energy at all on that. 3 weeks of training and no normal altitute training aswell nothing of those things hold im back or we maybe check with the physiolog in Colorado just to be sure there too?
I really don’t know. What’s the answer?

I have always been critical of the particular user and I am still not quite sure if we really see a whole new level or just the same as last year more or less, without the injury and on the other hand Vingegaard's problems. The Giro is no test, Pogi can any year win that by 10 minutes.

That said, @mou gained some prominence, even being quoted by Johan Bruyneel in The Move :p
Agreed. It’s hard to gauge given the injuries to riders. There’s no doubt Tadej is in terrific form, maybe the best form of any rider in this generation. It’s entirely possible, maybe likely, that part of the reason is that the new training methods suit him better.

I don’t conclude from that that San Millán is a “fraud.” Not sure why anyone would.

Reactions: James M
Agreed. It’s hard to gauge given the injuries to riders. There’s no doubt Tadej is in terrific form, maybe the best form of any rider in this generation. It’s entirely possible, maybe likely, that part of the reason is that the new training methods suit him better.

I don’t conclude from that that San Millán is a “fraud.” Not sure why anyone would.

As ppanther said, he was quite direct and called people names. But he definitely had inside information. He often would say which UAE riders would go to which races even if the preliminary startlists disagreed, and voilà, when the official startlist came out, it turned out he was right.

He was definitely not just a guy with an internet connection and it's way too easy just to dismiss him as such.

He prepared us for what we're seeing now.