• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2025 route rumours and announcements

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Reactions: Sandisfan and E_F_
Same article but in da English which we're supposed to post in (or we get comments from mods about, "hey! this is an english language forum and translate it now or you'll be off to the naughty step!")

https://www.velowire.com/article/11...d-the-stage-cities-of-the-112th-edition-.html

Either people are being unusually very tight lipped or things are not 100% decided yet.

Maybe. We don't have any data on how the modern peloton approaches such stages as a whole though.

Most climbs are joke grinders anyway, that would be a terrible stage design these days.
One hour faster was obviously an exaggeration, but anyone interested can get a rough estimate based on average speed increase and stage duration.

Oops!...the classic Pau-Luchon was almost 50 minutes faster in 2012 compared to 1983.

Maybe I wasn't exaggerating too much.

Reactions: Sandisfan
One hour faster was obviously an exaggeration, but anyone interested can get a rough estimate based on average speed increase and stage duration.

Oops!...the classic Pau-Luchon was almost 50 minutes faster in 2012 compared to 1983.

Maybe I wasn't exaggerating too much.
60 minutes faster than 1983 I have absolutely 0 doubts about.

1992 I'm not sure. I guess not because if there is one thing they don't do extremely fast it's long mid stage climbs.

Reactions: Sandisfan
60 minutes faster than 1983 I have absolutely 0 doubts about.

1992 I'm not sure. I guess not because if there is one thing they don't do extremely fast it's long mid stage climbs.
They've done Bonette this year 3:32 faster than in 1993, but they've done it with less W/kg thanks to lighter bikes and drafting. No Izoard as starter also helped this year.