• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France: Stage 20 Rambouillet - Paris Champs-Élysées 120km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
spalco said:
Why isn't this stickied anyway?

Apparently nobody appears to care, thanks to RedheadDane for making the effort though.

Congrats to Wiggo, TVG, Sagan and TV for their respective victories.

Dull stage today with the green already decided, pity that Wiggins was such a strong rider that he even needed the past green jersey and current World Champion jersey wearer to work for him which took away from the points race this year, still win number three should follow today for Cav.

Morbius said:
It is impossible to get away from the bunch on the Champs Elysses like Vino in 2005. He only succeeded because eveyone thought it was impossible, but now that he has proven it can be done it really is impossible

Which - oddly enough - is also what makes it possible. Obviously only if someone proves it is... :)

By the way - when or where's the champagne - I missed that bit last year and 2010, don't want to risk that again...

Poursuivant said:
I quite like the final Sunday.

Heard rumours it could get ditched next year for a mountain TT!

Agree with you, although I just started watching (F1 took my preference).

Regarding mountain TT, I don't believe they would do it for final. Maybe for final Saturday? There was rumours about Chamrousse TT last year but in the end there was just one around Grenoble.

Finn84 said:
Agree with you, although I just started watching (F1 took my preference).

Regarding mountain TT, I don't believe they would do it for final. Maybe for final Saturday? There was rumours about Chamrousse TT last year but in the end there was just one around Grenoble.

Yeah I would be surprised but you never know with the 100 celebrations.