• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Stage 4: Cambrai - Reims 153.5km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
9 roundabouts in final 5kms. So the sprinters are going to want to choose the shortest side every time as riders could lose many places in each roundabout.

I'm happy it's only 153km, no frying pan should ever be much longer than this.

Cavendish has to be the favourite, if he's not winning here it will be hard work to get a win anywhere. Despite his indifferent form this season he's still miles faster than anyone else in a straight line (considering no Haussler, Bos or Chicchi).

1. Cavendish
2. Petacchi
3. McEwen
4. Hushovd
5. EBH

Would love to see a break win though!

May 6, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Patrick Smith (Aus journalist)has said that the bike riders at the tour de france need to ride trikes as they can't stay up properley and it is the most overrated sporting event in the world.

That guy is a muppet.

Who does he write for? I've never heard of him.

OT, but today at work I was asked if I was going to ride the Tour de France next year. I must admit, a part of me died.

Jul 18, 2009
Visit site
Some of you guys are extreme sadists with a serious need of adrenaline. There has to be a few flat easy stages. You can't have 10 spring classics followed by 10 days in the mountains or the guys would been taken home in boxes. Just enjoy the scenery!

Four Winds said:
There has to be a few flat easy stages. You can't have 10 spring classics followed by 10 days in the mountains or the guys would been taken home in boxes. Just enjoy the scenery!

+1.

Besides, the Tour is not just about the GC riders. I'm actually looking forward to watching the sprinters go at it today.

Surely Cav won't stuff this one up. If it's a bunch sprint the fastest man will win and Cav is that man. Would love to see someone like Flecha or Voekler have a crack but I'm sure the sprintets won't allow them to stay away.

1. Cav
2. Hushovd
3. EBH
4. Petacchi
5. McEwen

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
9 roundabouts in final 5kms. So the sprinters are going to want to choose the shortest side every time as riders could lose many places in each roundabout.

This could mean that we could once again see crashes. I hope not, but with this in the last 5k the GC contenders want to remain in the front, together with the sprinters and this could ensure some dangerous riding

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
Who does he write for? I've never heard of him.

OT, but today at work I was asked if I was going to ride the Tour de France next year. I must admit, a part of me died.

Now that is funny! He writes for "the age". The pages in it are absolutely massive. He is an afl journo who was on SEN radio when he made such comments. He is not very liked.

oevkride said:
I really, really hope it is beatboxing :) This could add an new dimension to the race. Jersey for best beat :cool:

Me too. If it were, though, the BBox jersey really should look like this:

flavor-flav-newswire-400a111606.jpg

Including clock.

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
CN live feed says Lancy is in a ****y mood today after a bad stage yesterday and following the stage with a hotel shared with some very happy dutch riders (world cup win) :)

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
luckyboy said:
Wonder if Cunego will go for the polka dot jersey now that he's lost quite a bit of time? It didn't look like he was too badly hurt yesterday. Just putting that out there.. :eek:

I think Cunego will continue to be a non-issue in the Tour.