• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Stage 4: Cambrai - Reims 153.5km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 20, 2010
Visit site
There was a suggestion somewhere that there is a bit of a headwind that could turn into a bit of a crosswind. But still no excuse to sit at the front and do nothing like that.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
euanli said:
There was a suggestion somewhere that there is a bit of a headwind that could turn into a bit of a crosswind. But still no excuse to sit at the front and do nothing like that.

They're riding for Steegmans

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
euanli said:

If those massive turbines are an indicator, that headwind isn't too strong.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
I couldn't believe RetShack were riding on the front, and came here to post about whether they had some plan to attack in the wind, but I see you have all had lots of ideas about that as well. Seems like a waste of LA's own riders, unless he's either got an attack plan or thinks by being up there it will make Astana work harder/be stressed/not be able to have an easy day.

Why does the nekkid Pippo commercial have music that sounds like the Jaws soundtrack? Is it because of that big fish tattoo?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Keenan said that Lance asked Klodi why he did not give him his wheel. Klodi said he should of chucked one up the road for him. :D

Seriously, this is a powerful display by Radioshack.

JB is desparate to get time back on AC imo before the mountains. He knows that he needs to cause some chaos to win this race. Will be interesting to see what tatic the master tactician bruyneel employs in the next 5 stages.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Roland Rat said:
Clearly staged for the sponsors. Next we'll have Radioshack watching portable TVs, FDJ playing scratchcards and BBox... doing whatever the hell a BBox is.

:p

BMC and cervelo advertise their product all the time!

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Keenan said that Lance asked Klodi why he did not give him his wheel. Klodi said he should of chucked one up the road for him. :D

Seriously, this is a powerful display by Radioshack.

JB is desparate to get time back on AC imo before the mountains. He knows that he needs to cause some chaos to win this race. Will be interesting to see what tatic the master tactician bruyneel employs in the next 5 stages.

I would think things are pretty uncomfortable in the RS hotel at nights. Lance can't be happy. He looks angry all the time in his photos, in the race, warming up, etc. I don't have the impression that Lance was ever a ball of fun to be at a race with, just by virtue of being such a driven competitor and worrying about every advantage, every detail. But these days, with all the other distractions outside the race, plus Lance having lost time yesterday, team dinners must be tense.

Now if he is indeed "punishing" his team in today's stage, I wouldn't be surprised if some of them start looking for a way out, should they ever crash and have any remote sort of excuse.

/speculation

auscyclefan94 said:

yesterday Brajkovic gave his wheel to Leipheimer when he had a technical on the cobbles. That's really interesing I think, I did not expect Leipheimer to be one of their options for the general classification.

search said:
yesterday Brajkovic gave his wheel to Leipheimer when he had a technical on the cobbles. That's really interesing I think, I did not expect Leipheimer to be one of their options for the general classification.

Behind Leecheimer in the pecking order? :eek:

Brajkovic needs to get the hell off that team.

Not that it'll be around next season anyway.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Cobblestones said:
So, ... when will Cav crash and whom is he taking down with him today?

Just about to ask the same thing. Sherwen has said the barriers divert in at one point near the finish line. You would of thought the organisers would of learnt from last time.:rolleyes:

I hope Pettachi owns Cav's **** today. Ale-Jet is one of my favs!

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Cobblestones said:
So, ... when will Cav crash and whom is he taking down with him today?

Well, he needs to remove Thor from the green jersey competition. However, if Boy Racer tries to lean on Thor at speed . . . . :eek: :D :rolleyes:

Just heard Paul Sherwen talking about that video of Cancellara at Paris-Roubaix that apparently shows him pushing a button and using the engine in his frame.

Paul exact words were "......motor inside the engine......"
and he just kept rambling on. But it was a huge LOL moment for me. motor inside the engine.....facepalm:D

May 20, 2010
Visit site
sublimit said:
Lance looks uncomfortable on his bike, like he cant get his back straight.

has he ever had a straight back? I'm going to make this bold prediction that Cav won't take anyone down. Someone might take him down though...