• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Stage 5: Carhaix - Cap Fréhel 164.5 km

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
ChopperArris said:
Hi Mr Pot - meet Mr Kettle...

He at least has the excuse of a coupla jugs of adrenalin racing through his racked, breathless frame, frazzling his brain and mouth...

...yours?

Oh so that excuse is alright for Cav but not for Evans? I see...I am maintaining the same standards as others have set on this. Provide me with some evidence about Evans crapping on in an interview like Cav.

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
hatcher said:
They haven't brought a train to the Tour.

You really think EBH fell behind today?
They have three riders for the sprints, Thomas, Swift and Hagen. If they stop sprinting on both sides of the road they can do something here.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Oh so that excuse is alright for Cav but not for Evans? I see...I am maintaining the same standards as others have set on this. Provide me with some evidence about Evans crapping on in an interview like Cav.
Look dude I'm not sure this is a path you want to go down. Evans has mellowed out lately but two/three years ago his interviews were awful. Step on my dog and I'll kill you etc. etc.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
Jamsque said:
I think they were trying to split the pack in the crosswind on that section because it was exposed. The crashes were co-incidental.

I thought so to, but wasn't sure whether that was what caused the crashes or whether the crashes presented the Garmin boys an opportunity. Does anyone else think the intermediate sprint caused Gesink and Brajkovic's crash or was that just bad luck. Cameras didn't show much here in Australia on SBS.

I figured Garmin thought they could get CVV, Danielson and Ryder some time, cause they need it. I also have to ask, how big is the hole in Gesink's leg? Scratch that is superficial or a not severe but somewhat damaging puncture? Last thing he needs.

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:

Provide me an example of Cadel getting treatment from the officials even close to what Cav consistently has to put up with

May 27, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
no. DId you see his post race interview? The bull**** was flying out of his mouth.

He just finished a hard race so there is adrenaline. Also HTC have been dominating the sprints and the Tour has changed the finishes to make it harder. I don't see the bull**** your talking about. Pull your head in and look objectively for once.

Captain_Obvious said:
Wasnt able to watch today; how bad was Contadors crash? any videos?

Not very bad I think. It wasn't really captured on video as far I could see, there was only a helicopter shot that was obscured by the trees along the road, but his clothes weren't ripped up much, he didn't look like he was in pain and there was no blood.

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Gesink his elbow must be stitched probably, he was pretty ****ed off at the finish took a bidon drunk twice and threw it away out of frustration.

A

Anonymous

TeamSkyFans said:
it does seem odd. that last 400m doesnt seem very straight.

Heres a closer look
pwqcl.png

Eddie got robbed. The finish line was 300 metres further down the road than on the map. He was leading at the 300m mark

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
woodie said:
He just finished a hard race so there is adrenaline. Also HTC have been dominating the sprints and the Tour has changed the finishes to make it harder. I don't see the bull**** your talking about. Pull your head in and look objectively for once.

It is my opinion. The hypocrisy of some people amazes me.

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
Good to see Cav responding to various morons in the best way possible.

Bummer for EBH, a real flyer - better pay more attention to the road book for tomorrow...

EDIT I take that back if Dim is correct.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Ok, I'll push you off a bike at 60km/h on a descent and then you have to ride up the aspin, peyresuoude, tourmalet and hautacam and then after that I will hit with something in the area that you hurt yourself. How would you like that?:rolleyes:

Everyone knows it was Mike Tomalaris touching Evans. The head reporter of the sole Aussie tv media contingent at the Tour. Something the Aussie press hid very well for quite some time. Think about it dude.;)

May 27, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Ok, I'll push you off a bike at 60km/h on a descent and then you have to ride up the aspin, peyresuoude, tourmalet and hautacam and then after that I will hit with something in the area that you hurt yourself. How would you like that?:rolleyes:

Oh so that makes it ok :rolleyes: again, pull your head in and TRY to be objective and think before you type

This Tour looks more like a Giro as far as crashes/bizarre mishaps go. I hope Gesink isn't impacted too heavily. He does have a few days before he has to be at his best, so that's good.

I think the eventual winner will be the guy who just stays out of trouble!

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
Eddie got robbed. The finish line was 300 metres further down the road than on the map. He was leading at the 300m mark

Looked like it yea, he came perfect around that corner and timed great with that attack :p.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
Well now you know why HTC always send Zabel to scout the finish once the banners have been put up. The road book isn't gospel.

It's a shame for Edvald but he looked great today, I'm sure he will have more chances. If Sky can ever get the G-EBH-Swifty train to actually work together in the final 2km of a stage they have a real chance at a win. If it wasn't for Geraint's charge from 1km to go Cavendish wouldn't have won today.

auscyclefan94 said:

stuff like "please don't touch me" or "don't touch my shoulder" or simply walking away from the reporter the first time he touched him comes to mind before falcon punching him.

auscyclefan94 said:

indeed i have to agree with that ;)

May 27, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:

I love it when people only answer a part of my post. What bull**** was he spouting? And what hypocrisy are you talking about?

TRENDING THREADS