• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de Pologne, 30 July - 5 August, 2.UWT

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Also, what happened to Jonas Abrahamsen? That must be the worst ever defence of a leader's jersey in a WT stage race. He came home with a teammate, dead-last, 21 minutes after Higuita, 6 minutes behind the third last rider.
yeah, even worse than Vingegaard's ;)

But he probably left a lot on the road the past two days, and two of his team mates (Tiller & Johannessen) already fell sick and abandoned, so maybe he is affected as well.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Clipboard.png

apparently

yeah, even worse than Vingegaard's ;)

But he probably left a lot on the road the past two days, and two of his team mates (Tiller & Johannessen) already fell sick and abandoned, so maybe he is affected as well.

Ha, I was actually thinking about writing even worse than Vingegaard in my post :p

Johannessen didn't crash in the massive fall on stage 1? I didn't know he was sick but yeah, maybe that would be the explanation.

yeah, he was involved in the crash, but the Uno-X DS tweeted about him abandoning because of sickness (if the automatic translation didn't play me tricks)

View: https://twitter.com/leonardsnoeks/status/1553766421959786496

I don't think it says anything about Abrahamsen DNFing. But that after Tiller and Johannesen had to DNF because of sickness, the team worked a bit of magic, and got Abrahamsen into the yellow jersey.