• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de Suisse 2021 (June 6-13)

Page 34 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Lotto Soudal should maybe consider sending him to the Tour. Don't think they'll do it because that would be too harsh on Vandersande who is having a good season and has been and still is a loyal superdom for the team.

I'm not sure he is the guy I would cut.

As it is now, their Tour team has 6 guys dedicated to Ewan, which is probably a bit much.... a lot of stages are not for the heavy boys.

Lotto DS (didn't catch the name, sorry), saying in exit interview, that the jury had called it for Kron, before the team could even complain.

Also saying Kron is on the whitelist for the Tour, but the team needs to consider Ewan, who is their captain for the Tour - however no final decision has been made.

My take:

Realistically they won't make the Tour his first GT, they will probably bring him for the Vuelta. - Tour next year is more probable.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I'm not sure he is the guy I would cut.

As it is now, their Tour team has 6 guys dedicated to Ewan, which is probably a bit much.... a lot of stages are not for the heavy boys.

But Ewan is basically a guaranteed stage win, so obviously Lotto is gonna go all in for him. I wouldn't say 6 guys are there solely for him. Only Kluge, De Buyst, Van der sande (if he goes) and maybe Degenkolb. Pretty sure Van der sande is the only one that isn't 100% sure of a selection as of yet. Anyways, the Vuelta might be a better fit for Kron anyways. He can win a stage there.