• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour Down Under Stage 1: Clare - Tanunda - 141km

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
stage1.jpg

Who do you think will win the stage?
Some locals who live around tanunda have said that some crosswinds will be a factor and were blowing across the road yesterday.

Just thought I would make an interesting point that Andre Griepel has tipped Valverde to win the Overall.

A

Anonymous

I think there will be a pretty decisive split, and i think it will be the sky columbia boys doing it..

Two team race by the end of the day..

A

Anonymous

Sasquatch said:
If there is a split, Garmin will contribute too. Caisse will be alert as they would want the overall win.

Rojas is my tip overall.

Why... Is Big George in danger of getting the leaders jersey?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
I think there will be a pretty decisive split, and i think it will be the sky columbia boys doing it..

Two team race by the end of the day..

I'm tipping greipel to win with the Australian Sky squad faltering big time showing the Sky squad who's boss in the lead outs.:)

I think some teams like Astana and Radioshack are going to try to split the race apart on Menglers Hill as well, to drop some of the sprinters.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Publicus said:
No matter who actually wins, Lance Armstrong will win.

Too right. have a look at the cycling central site and look at all the blogs and articles on him.

I'M GOING MAD JUST HEARING OR SEEING THE NAME LANCE!:mad:

A

Anonymous

auscyclefan94 said:
I'm tipping greipel to win with the Australian Sky squad faltering big time showing the Sky squad who's boss in the lead outs.:).

what are you whittering about.. theres 3 brits in the squad, 2 aussies, a kiwi and a frenchman...

I do worry about you sometimes.. so you a sky fan now..? talk about jumping on the bandwagon.. did i claim to have australian grandparents when cadel won the world championship.. NO.. so leave us to have our own team and you have yours.. :p

I actually think its in all the teams intrests to put the hammer down today and try and disturb the columbia momentum, greipel clearly is the big target, so attack columbia from the outset..

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
what are you whittering about.. theres 3 brits in the squad, 2 aussies, a kiwi and a frenchman...

I do worry about you sometimes.. so you a sky fan now..? talk about jumping on the bandwagon.. did i claim to have australian grandparents when cadel won the world championship.. NO.. so leave us to have our own team and you have yours.. :p

I actually think its in all the teams intrests to put the hammer down today and try and disturb the columbia momentum, greipel clearly is the big target, so attack columbia from the outset..

we also claim Kiwis as ours:). Definelty not on the sky band wagon. kust making the point of how many aussie riders and staff you have. I thought you would find that annoying

I do agree that their will be some exciting racing. All starts in less than 2 and a half hours.

Guess who has n.o 2 spot in the convoy of cars. Radioshack.:rolleyes:

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
This is Mike Tomalaris' tips for today. I predicted the motives behind it.

1. Rojas (strong sprinter, who can climb, is on valverde's team)
2. Steegmans(on lance's team, because lance will drive on the front for him for 140.8km out of 141km and bruyneel is so smart.)
3. Sulzberger (because he is aussie though the stupid thing is that FDj is riding for hutoravich)

auscyclefan94 said:
we also claim Kiwis as ours:). Definelty not on the sky band wagon. kust making the point of how many aussie riders and staff you have. I thought you would find that annoying

Plus the old ba*tard who stumped up the cash.
I think Sky and see his mug.
Don't get this football fan supporter ideology.
I just like the sport.

TRENDING THREADS