• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour du Haut Var: 20-21th Feb

That looks promising! Moreau is leader for caisse d'epargne, seems just wrong to me, but a chance to see if he's still any good. Hopefully Uran will outclimb him. Sicard for euskaltel, that should be exciting. Also present l'Hotellerie, Moncoutie, young unfortunate Reus for rabobank, and good old Tom Danielson leader for garmin.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
zapata said:
That looks promising! Moreau is leader for caisse d'epargne, seems just wrong to me, but a chance to see if he's still any good. Hopefully Uran will outclimb him. Sicard for euskaltel, that should be exciting. Also present l'Hotellerie, Moncoutie, young unfortunate Reus for rabobank, and good old Tom Danielson leader for garmin.

are you sure? I heard gesink was riding for rabo..

http://www.kemoceng.com/browse.php?...vbS8yMDEwLzAyRmViLzEwSGF1dFZhcjIwMTAuaHRt&b=5

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
zapata said:
Not sure, just relying on cyclingfever. They don't have gesink on the startlist, but I don't know if they're up yo date. Reus listed as nr one.

i did some research and i think your right. he was a possible entry (gesink) but it is unlikely or something...

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
According to his twitter/website he has the flue and pulled out the last minute. Great parcours though, exciting race ahead.

Hope the feed isn't geo-restricted!

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
Valverde is racing. This should be perfect for him.

Hoping for a good show by Santambrogio and/or Frank (BMC). Hopefully he can show his climbing legs ! This race is tailor made for Valverde.

Some top riders in the event;
Desell (AG2R), Voeckler (BBO), Kroon ((BMC), Valverde (CEI), moncoutie (COF), Sicard (EUS), Danielson (GAR), Gesink (RAB), Calzati (Sky), Fuglsang (SAX)

Look like an interesting race this one with some 2nd tier riders contending for the win plus a few 1st tier riders. Should be good...

A

Anonymous

auscyclefan94 said:
Hoping for a good show by Santambrogio and/or Frank (BMC). Hopefully he can show his climbing legs ! This race is tailor made for Valverde.

Some top riders in the event;
Desell (AG2R), Voeckler (BBO), Kroon ((BMC), Valverde (CEI), moncoutie (COF), Sicard (EUS), Danielson (GAR), Gesink (RAB), Calzati (Sky), Fuglsang (SAX)

Look like an interesting race this one with some 2nd tier riders contending for the win plus a few 1st tier riders. Should be good...

Lets not forget about endura racing too :D

Got a decent french leader in alexandre blain, and besides we get to talk about jack baeur and evan oliphant..

A

Anonymous

theyoungest said:
Did you actually care about those two before Evans was on the same team with them?

Did he care? Had he even heard of them :D

A

Anonymous

Publicus said:
Wait, there were other riders on Lotto when Cuddles rode for them? All this time, I thought it was a one man shop....;)

No, he just rode the tour on his own. they had other riders at other races though.

Publicus said:
Wait, there were other riders on Lotto when Cuddles rode for them? All this time, I thought it was a one man shop....;)

Sure, just because they were all riding to disrupt the one's quest for July glory doesn't mean they weren't on the team!

You could say they had two teams, Evans the 9-in-1 and 8 other riders + the manager.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Maybe it's a "new leaf" thing, afterall, how many fans of Cuddles supported anyone else on Lotto?

dimspace said:
Did he care? Had he even heard of them :D
yes i had heard of them before... This probably suprises you but I do follow cycling cause I'm passionate about the sport and not just for CE"s races.

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
lol.. rhetorical?

theyoungest said:
Did you actually care about those two before Evans was on the same team with them?

Not care, he's on BMC so I will support BMC... T-L-R and Dim you are hypocrits. If their was a rider on another team you didn't originally follow or supported and then went onto sky you would be supporting them now at races they were at. Same with TLR...

Let's just talk about the race instead of becoming " a bag ACF thread about cuddles" thread.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
i must admit i have sympathy with ACF. I used to support teams whose riders i liked, but being british this year means i follow sky probably as my main team. ive got cofidis (when sylv chavanel and wiggo), caisse d'epargne (i used to like karpets), f de jeux (gilbery, de gregorio) jerseys when i go out riding and therefore used to like seeing those teams do well (like i was pleased when hutarovich won last week). But to most it would seem im prob a sky fanboy but thats prob not the case. Last year I used to always get behind columbia coz of cav, and ended up becoming fans of martin, lofkvist, monfort, eisel, hansen throuigh that

TRENDING THREADS