• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour du Rwanda 2024, February 18-25

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Yeah Lecerf got destroyed by Polit, Israel and earlier Total who all had multiple guys in the group. Reinderink should've been there for Lecerf.

Some really good young climbers it seems for the future.
Shame Kirby is not commentating on his race, he would've had the time of his life.

And what about these crowds, this is just out of this world. If we had proper HD international coverage, this would be a hit. Compare this to the desert races like UAE, where you never see anyone spectating, it's like cycling on the moon.

View: https://twitter.com/Nkurangalphonse/status/1760985899506999443

Some really good young climbers it seems for the future.
Shame Kirby is not commentating on his race, he would've had the time of his life.

And what about these crowds, this is just out of this world. If we had proper HD international coverage, this would be a hit. Compare this to the desert races like UAE, where you never see anyone spectating, it's like cycling on the moon.
Don't forget about the official anthem for the race. It's a hit, too

GC after this stage:

GHBRz2bWUAAwC_C

Lecerf 14th but only drops to 4th atm. Got 42s up to restrepo for 3rd and 55s to Blackmore so likely too much to recover in the final stages. Should be more worried about dropping more since he has a couple riders close behind.
I don't think he cares about that. He was on the podium last year, i assume he came here to win. He has nothing to lose, though i don't think he'll match or better last year's result.

Froome 21st. The revival is on. The Tour de France starts now.
In GC he is still worse than he was last year.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Lecerf 14th but only drops to 4th atm. Got 42s up to restrepo for 3rd and 55s to Blackmore so likely too much to recover in the final stages. Should be more worried about dropping more since he has a couple riders close behind.

I am surprised, didn't expect this level of performance from on-paper mostly outsiders. But that's cool about races like these, lot's of new talent who can surprise.
For example who even considered Blackmore?

I don't think he cares about that. He was on the podium last year, i assume he came here to win. He has nothing to lose, though i don't think he'll match or better last year's result.

In GC he is still worse than he was last year.
Ya, "more worried" is the wrong words rather potentially dropping a place or two seems more likely than managing to pass the riders in front.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Froome 21st. The revival is on. The Tour de France starts now.
I will send you a message w an invitation for a night of fondue for dinner and some fabulous Macarena dancing since it appears you are fond of history that will never repeat!! Love your message of hope!! Come on Chris!!! Eye of the tiger!! Push yourself!!! U can dooo it!
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rVBHH5DwYFA