• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of California Stage 7: Los Angeles TT (33.6 km)

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
10_atoc_stage_7_profile_1_1_600.jpg

This TT could determine the winner of the Tour of Cali. Who's got the legs? Can Cancellara win? Or perhaps Lars Boom? Maybe Zabriskie or Rogers? I don't believe that Leipheimer will beat Zabriskie or Rogers.

Does anyone know Sagan's time trialing skills? Is he good enough to end in the top 3 in the GC on sunday?

Sagan was way off in the Romandie TT, and it wasn't even 30km.

Rogers on the other hand finished with Menchov/Valverde/Karpets.

Rogers should take the overall based on his form this season, but you never know as LL/DZ often jump in form when needed.

sagan needs to work on his TT skills,hes probably 2-3 years from being really good TTist,hes got power and size but his style istn that good -no wonder given his MTB history,but top 10 overall is very possible

rogers seems like man to beat,hes in good form and has couple of good TT performances this year but i bet my money on zabriskie :cool:

I know these streets well. Cancellara could easily smash this, will depend on his form. No big hills (if they wanted to make it hard, they could have gone up Grand Street), wide streets, non-technical course. Not sure about his fitness though. Not ready to overlook the Great Gadzook either.

Jamsque said:
I think Zabriskie will be more motivated than he was in Pais Vasco, but Rogers has to be the favourite.

Also the País Vasco ITT was lumpy. Riders like Gesink were up in the top 10. That favours Rogers over Zabriskie because Rogers is a better climber. This one is much flatter (I was thinking, wow there's some steep stuff there! then I realised that it was measured in feet and miles, not metres and kilometres as I'm used to)

Libertine Seguros said:
Also the País Vasco ITT was lumpy. Riders like Gesink were up in the top 10. That favours Rogers over Zabriskie because Rogers is a better climber. This one is much flatter (I was thinking, wow there's some steep stuff there! then I realised that it was measured in feet and miles, not metres and kilometres as I'm used to)

Yeah, not steep at all. Not flat, but certainly not going to benefit the mountain goats. This is a course for those with big motors.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:

Gesink isn't a bad TT he beat Zabriskie at the Olympics. :D

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The Sheep said:
Gesink isn't a bad TT he beat Zabriskie at the Olympics. :D

As long as there are hills involved, he is a pretty good TT rider. He has finished top 10 in TTs in the Basque Tour (twice), Tirreno, Vuelta a Espana, Dauphine and at the Olympics. All those TTs were either hilly/mountainous.

He also won the Dutch TT title for juniors in 2004, but his main opponent was a only a speed skater.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
According to his twitter, Floyd is apparently there today, presumably in that sponsor tent that Dr. Kay forked over $40K for, back when he thought his team would be in the race. The TT could get overshadowed by whatever is going around Flandis.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Spartacus is already out on course and doing his usual motorbike impersonation, he was out fourth and has already passed the three guys who started before him.

TRENDING THREADS