• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour of Oman (2.HC) 17th Feb - 22nd Feb

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Flamin said:
Bouhanni still sprinting backwards it seems.

I have a friend who rode as an amateur in france and is still quite involved with the french scene. He insisted heavily over the winter that this would happen. For years he's made a point that Cofidis are famed in france for having a terrible awful coaching staff that have no idea what they're doing.

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
peloton said:
After less than two stage races? Besides, Tinkoff rode for Breschel today.

Kristoff is looking to be in great form, even when he himself said he was surprised how good he was, should only get stronger as the season goes on.

After the Milano-Sanremo, Tour 2014 (beaten twice), Qatar and now this. Sagan is just not as fast as Kristoff.

Might be just me, but I never considered Sagan a pure sprinter. Fast man for sure, but wouldn't expect him to beat the real dawgs a.k.a Kristoff, Cav, Kittel.

Sagan's advantage was always (imo) his ability to survive climbs coupled with supreme bike-handling skills. In that respect, it's indeed troubling for him that Kristoffs climbing ability seems to have improved a lot as of late, seeing as he's also now proven to have the endurance for monument distances.

Carstenbf said:
Might be just me, but I never considered Sagan a pure sprinter. Fast man for sure, but wouldn't expect him to beat the real dawgs a.k.a Kristoff, Cav, Kittel.

Sagan's advantage was always (imo) his ability to survive climbs coupled with supreme bike-handling skills. In that respect, it's indeed troubling for him that Kristoffs climbing ability seems to have improved a lot as of late, seeing as he's also now proven to have the endurance for monument distances.

He describes himself as an all-rounder does he not?

Anyway, jack of all trades, master of none seems to be the hat he's worn since the end of 2013. As soon as any 'master' races with him, he's in bother. Kwiatkowski, Cancellara, Kristoff...

argyllflyer said:

Anyway, jack of all trades, master of none seems to be the hat he's worn since the end of 2013. As soon as any 'master' races with him, he's in bother. Kwiatkowski, Cancellara, Kristoff...
all rounder is what it takes to get green jersey at the Tour for example or top of the UCI points at the end of the year.. All rounder is the "base" material that makes champions we remember in the end
btw: great to see what kristoff is doing..

Kristoff's win:
20150219TOO0001.jpg

More pics: http://www.steephill.tv/2015/tour-of-oman/photos/stage-03/

Stage 4 reminder:
PROFIL.jpg

Van Garderen for me, probably solo in the last 500 meters.

argyllflyer said:

Might be. Considered that word, but didn't seem like it did him justice. He's pretty fast after all. Anyways, my reply was aimed at the multitude of posts before mine about him loosing sprints vs the top dawgs.

If there's a questionmark anywhere wrt Sagan, it's supposedly whether or not he's got the endurance for winning the big 6h+ 250k+ classics. He's still so young though, so that's only natural. He'll net a big one soon, not a doubt in my mind. Not necessarily this year though.

Anyways Oman thread. Carry on!

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, Majka vs. Tejay. Maybe with Poels as an outsider.

Valverde had a great early season and should be the favorite, but will find a way to screw it up like he always does.

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
BMC leading the chase. konig said he is really suffering in the heat. So might not be around at the finish. Poels and Diegnan prob best bet for sky. though I don't really expect to see either of them battling at the pointy end of things.