• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Transfers and Rumours 2012 > 2013

Page 66 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I suppose Sky's best shot at winning two GT's is Froome for the TDF (or Wiggins if the parcour is like this year, which I doubt), and maybe Henao/Uran for the Giro? If the field isn't too good, maybe Henao has a shot.

Depending on the field and the parcour I suppose they could always do the Vuelta with Henao/Uran/Wiggins and see where it ends.

But to be honest, with Contador and Schleck back for the TDF and hopefully more climbing, I'm not sure if Sky will win any GT next year, however great their team may be. :eek:

If they're really lucky they could have Henao for the Giro and Froome for the TDF, but they might just as well get their *** whooped by Nibali in the Giro and Contador and Schleck in the TDF.

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I don't see Schleck as a contender for next year's TDF.
He will than be without any hard multi-week racing for a year.

I only see a chance for him, if he does the Giro as a preperation which I doubt he will.

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
roadbiker said:

I only see a chance for him, if he does the Giro as a preperation which I doubt he will.

Actually two years;)

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
roadbiker said:

You might well be right. But then again he got 2nd at his first ever GT

Fidolix

BANNED
Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I´m wondering if all the mess with Riis and Tyler would make it much harder for Riis to close the deals now, and I wonder if Roche regrets he already signed, he´s a spokesman for a clean sport.
Anyway, question if it will even have any kind of effect unless UCI decides to make a case of it.

Riis said we would hear some new names during the Vuelta, now would be a good time to do so, get some attention away from the Tyler mess, but seems we waiting, and this could possible be the reason.

Not sure if it has been mentioned before, but Thomas Dekker has extended his contract with Garmin.

from his Twitter: "Erg blij met mijn contract verlenging. Geeft een goed gevoel dat er vanuit de ploeg vertrouwen is, een mooie basis voor de volgende jaren..."

(Very happy with the extension. Gives a good feeling, shows the team trusts me, a nice foundation for further years)

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Fidolix said:
I´m wondering if all the mess with Riis and Tyler would make it much harder for Riis to close the deals now, and I wonder if Roche regrets he already signed, he´s a spokesman for a clean sport.
Anyway, question if it will even have any kind of effect unless UCI decides to make a case of it.

Riis said we would hear some new names during the Vuelta, now would be a good time to do so, get some attention away from the Tyler mess, but seems we waiting, and this could possible be the reason.

Saxo and Tinkoff sponsors along with Bjarne will have a big meeting in Madrid on Sunday, they'll probably announce names there.

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
roadbiker said:

really?
we haven't even seen the route yet.. how you can just count him out like that?

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
Err, how? By winning pink with Cataldo?

Yup, that's what I was implying :rolleyes:

Henao has the ability to be up there next year if well supported and the field is as weak as this year. If the course is right, Wiggo could win it. Then it'll be Froome vs Contador next year. In Froome, Wiggo, Henao, Uran they have 4 riders who have a chance of at least a podium next year. Then add the proven mid mountain domestiques/climbers of Porte, Rogers, Cataldo, Kiryienka, Hagen, Knees, Lofkvist, Sivtsov, Zandio .... not a bad roster.

Imagine a tour team of:

Froome, Uran, Wiggins, Porte, Rogers, Kiryienka, Sivtsov, Knees, Hagen,

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Bobby G said:
Yup, that's what I was implying :rolleyes:

Henao has the ability to be up there next year if well supported and the field is as weak as this year. If the course is right, Wiggo could win it. Then it'll be Froome vs Contador next year. In Froome, Wiggo, Henao, Uran they have 4 riders who have a chance of at least a podium next year. Then add the proven mid mountain domestiques/climbers of Porte, Rogers, Cataldo, Kiryienka, Hagen, Knees,Lofkvist, Sivtsov, Zandio .... not a bad roster.

Imagine a tour team of:

Froome, Uran, Wiggins, Porte, Rogers, Kiryienka, Sivtsov, Knees, Hagen,

Moved to AIM.

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
TylerDurden1 said:
really?
we haven't even seen the route yet.. how you can just count him out like that?

The route does not matter in his case (IMHO), although I don't expect a TT and quite easy mountain tour like this year. Missing this year was not really a problem for him, because he would not have had a chance to win, even in his best shape - too less mountains.

He has not raced for a long time and is not famous for his training diligence (especially when it comes to his weakness: TT).

As I mentioned: He only is a contender for me in 2013, if he rides the Giro as a preperation.

roadbiker said:
The route does not matter in his case (IMHO), although I don't expect a TT and quite easy mountain tour like this year. Missing this year was not really a problem for him, because he would not have had a chance to win, even in his best shape - too less mountains.

He has not raced for a long time and is not famous for his training diligence (especially when it comes to his weakness: TT).

As I mentioned: He only is a contender for me in 2013, if he rides the Giro as a preperation.
Please stay on topic and continue in the Giro 2013 thread or any of the Schleck threads.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
McGee seems to indicate that Bennati is going to SBTB as rumoured. This is google-translated:

After the Vuelta stage today, TV 2 sport reporter asked sports director Bardley McGee if the UCI points as Daniele Bennati scored to win today's stage, could the Danish team for the benefit. The Aussie replies:

"I dare not say. It's a mess, how UCI points system works. If it turns out that it is to our advantage, so it feels ... weird ... that we can celebrate another team victory. It is wrong. But the whole system needs to be overhauled, "says Bradley McGee to sporten.tv2.dk, and indicates that points can benifit the team.

http://translate.google.com/transla...bennati-sejr-kan-gavne-saxo-bank-tinkoff-bank

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Waterloo Sunrise said:
I'd be interested to know what legal basis Cav is employed by Sky on.

The number of public comments from senior colleagues saying he should leave would certainly constitute constructive dismissal for a salaried employee.

Yea.. he can wish to leave sky. Even sky is hinting to let him go. BUT..not without a PRICE. I think Sky might as well prisons cav, since his buy-out contract is too steep. It would be tough for other team to buy him. Maybe Sky wants to get their money back when they bought out wiggins from garmin. I wouldn't be surprise if cav gotta cough some dough out of his pocket if he wants to leave sky. Call it win-win.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Maaaaaaaarten said:
I suppose Sky's best shot at winning two GT's is Froome for the TDF (or Wiggins if the parcour is like this year, which I doubt), and maybe Henao/Uran for the Giro? If the field isn't too good, maybe Henao has a shot.

Depending on the field and the parcour I suppose they could always do the Vuelta with Henao/Uran/Wiggins and see where it ends.

But to be honest, with Contador and Schleck back for the TDF and hopefully more climbing, I'm not sure if Sky will win any GT next year, however great their team may be. :eek:

If they're really lucky they could have Henao for the Giro and Froome for the TDF, but they might just as well get their *** whooped by Nibali in the Giro and Contador and Schleck in the TDF.

Nibali? not good? He wants to do Giro instead of tour.

Mar 26, 2009
www.ciclismo-espresso.com
Rai's Radiocorsa said that Contador requested Bruseghin after chasing Tiralongo (but not available) and Scarponi.

Pozzato is in talk with his actual team but also with the ex, Katusha.

Cannondale requested to actual Liquigas management 5 US riders (not sure of this number, didnt hear clearly), 1 japanese and 1 chinese rider for next year.

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Waterloo Sunrise said:
I'd be interested to know what legal basis Cav is employed by Sky on.

The number of public comments from senior colleagues saying he should leave would certainly constitute constructive dismissal for a salaried employee.
An all conquering team with a large roster of riders supported by managers, helpers, mechanics, medics and more. You’d imagine the team employs many people. You’d be wrong.

Yes, read that again as the average number of full-time staff is three (3). Instead it’s the line below that gives it away, “other salary costs included in the staff and rider costs are related to contractors”. This means almost everyone working for the team does so as a “contractor”, selling their services to the team. This practice is common on many “anglo-saxon” teams as it puts the burden of paying payroll taxes on the rider or staff member, therefore allowing the team budget to stretch further.

http://inrng.com/2012/08/team-sky-budget-accounts/

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Michele said:
Rai's Radiocorsa said that Contador requested Bruseghin after chasing Tiralongo (but not available) and Scarponi.

Pozzato is in talk with his actual team but also with the ex, Katusha.

Cannondale requested to actual Liquigas management 5 US riders (not sure of this number, didnt hear clearly), 1 japanese and 1 chinese rider for next year.

Anybody have rumours/speculation about who might join? Are there some good Americans available who could fit in an Italian team?

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
ansimi said:
Anybody have rumours/speculation about who might join? Are there some good Americans available who could fit in an Italian team?

Joe Dombrowski maybe, maybe a few other Americans from Bontrager-Livestrong, I know at least one other will be riding in the world tour next year.

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Afrank said:
Joe Dombrowski maybe, maybe a few other Americans from Bontrager-Livestrong, I know at least one other will be riding in the world tour next year.

Dombrowski would be great sporting-wise. Does that Bontrager team do any training in Italy? I would think riders with some Italian experience would have a much easier time of it. I guess there's going to be a lot more English spoken on that team next year but it's not just about the language.

Status
Not open for further replies.