• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Transfers and Rumours 2015 > 2016

Page 27 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

TMP402 said:
Billie said:
TMP402 said:
Uran in negotiations with Cannondale Garmin.

In l'Equipe Corti says he wants to sign him to Team Colombia

Are Colombia going WT? If not, an offer from a team who I only even notice as a wildcard at the Vuelta is frankly an insult.

I'm pretty sure with Uran a WC for the Giro and Vuelta would be guaranteed. He could build a pretty nice season around that. Though I still think there's WT teams that are a better fit.

Anderis said:
TMP402 said:
That's interesting. Does it mean some of Cannondale's big names (Martin, Hesjedal) leave at the end of the year? If not, I will be surprised that they found the money for such a big name.

There's a long way between negotiations and a done deal, though.

There have been rumours of Dan Martin to Sky (but this doesn't seem likely given the strong link between Kwiatkowski and Sky). Hesjedal 35 but no reason to retire yet (especially as we saw today).

Ramira said:
TMP402 said:
Billie said:
TMP402 said:

Are Colombia going WT? If not, an offer from a team who I only even notice as a wildcard at the Vuelta is frankly an insult.

I'm pretty sure with Uran a WC for the Giro and Vuelta would be guaranteed. He could build a pretty nice season around that. Though I still think there's WT teams that are a better fit.

If Colombia got Betancur as well that would be a good team, but even so Uran would have to sign a one year contract and hope to move back up. He should be targeting the week long races a la Porte at this point in his career.

TMP402 said:
Ramira said:
TMP402 said:
Billie said:
TMP402 said:

If Colombia got Betancur as well that would be a good team, but even so Uran would have to sign a one year contract and hope to move back up. He should be targeting the week long races a la Porte at this point in his career.

Why? The guy has two recent 2nds at the Giro. He wasn't great in GT's this year, but sometimes riders just have a bad year. Too soon to write him off in GTs just yet. That said, I'd like to see him really target some one-day races again as he's got a bunch of great results there but seems to have moved away from them somewhat.

//forum.cyclingnews.com/viewtopic.php?p=1783265#p1783265]TMP402[/url]"]
Billie said:
TMP402 said:

Are Colombia going WT? If not, an offer from a team who I only even notice as a wildcard at the Vuelta is frankly an insult.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure with Uran a WC for the Giro and Vuelta would be guaranteed. He could build a pretty nice season around that. Though I still think there's WT teams that are a better fit.[/quote]

If Colombia got Betancur as well that would be a good team, but even so Uran would have to sign a one year contract and hope to move back up. He should be targeting the week long races a la Porte at this point in his career.[/quote]

Why? The guy has two recent 2nds at the Giro. He wasn't great in GT's this year, but sometimes riders just have a bad year. Too soon to write him off in GTs just yet. That said, I'd like to see him really target some one-day races again as he's got a bunch of great results there but seems to have moved away from them somewhat.[/quote]

I remember a thread a while ago about which riders who have yet to win a GT are most likely to win one in the future. Uran is clearly a second tier contender, but he's also the same generation as Froome, Contador, Nibali, and also fellow second tier-ers like Mollema, Gesink, and Costa, and is likely to be superceded by several younger cyclists like Quintana. If he wants a Zubeldia-like career then carry on, but if I was him I'd target week long and indeed as you say one day races.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

greenedge said:
De Snelle Duif said:

But BMC already has Porte and TJVG!

A bit more consistent riders would be nice. Wouldn't surprise me if Caruso gets their best result next year.

Maybe in a GT, but Porte should win at least one stage race during the year, which is arguably better than 6-10 in a GT.[/quote]

with porte at least they can win prestigious week long race. With Tj.. he can only win stage race in US, where no one competes there. I'm looking forward to see Porte as a team Leader in GT. (yes we saw him with sky, but I always think that he got something to proof). Maybe this time, he doesn't need to proof to his team. He is the de facto leader. Honestly, I'm rooting for anyone who graduates from sky actually can do better once they are out from Sky.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Ricco' said:
As I wrote days ago, I have a feeling that the Henaos are on their way out. First it was Sergio's exclusion of the Tour, after all the reconnaisance he did with Froome and after saying many times that he was looking forward to help Chris to win the yellow jersey (and his level at Suisse wasn't that bad).

I'm looking forward to see Sky racing teams for San Sebastian, Poland and the Vuelta. I was expecting to see Sergio in their line-up of San Sebastian as preparation for the Vuelta, but only his cousin is there. Maybe Poland for him? He should be very fresh to the spanish GT and one of the top guns with less racing in his legs.

i was noticing that sky dom who were used to be on their top game, suddenly they are anonymous in the background. (Henao, kiryenka, sitsou). Maybe they are just burned out. that's why their performance is already hitting the ceiling wall. (can't go higher than that) Now, sky is looking for new fresh blood to grind to the ground. Looks like izagiere brother and Landa is the new guinea pick to grind?

Anyone hear rumors on riders Movistar might pick up? Recently I've only seen stuff on who they might lose. I'm thinking they need more mountain doms, particularly with Beñat possibly leaving. Anton and Team Gadret aren't reliable these days, Anacona is hit or miss, and Fernandez and Dayer are still young. Amador is obviously a potential dom for either of their big two but they may want to give him his own chance to lead at GT from the start after his Giro performance this year

How awesome it would be if the Henaos transferred there.

Jelantik said:
with porte at least they can win prestigious week long race. With Tj.. he can only win stage race in US, where no one competes there. I'm looking forward to see Porte as a team Leader in GT. (yes we saw him with sky, but I always think that he got something to proof). Maybe this time, he doesn't need to proof to his team. He is the de facto leader. Honestly, I'm rooting for anyone who graduates from sky actually can do better once they are out from Sky.
If TJ can finish 2nd in the Dauphine by 10" to Froome, he can certainly win a stage race outside of the US. Just a matter of time

Jelantik said:
Ricco' said:
As I wrote days ago, I have a feeling that the Henaos are on their way out. First it was Sergio's exclusion of the Tour, after all the reconnaisance he did with Froome and after saying many times that he was looking forward to help Chris to win the yellow jersey (and his level at Suisse wasn't that bad).

I'm looking forward to see Sky racing teams for San Sebastian, Poland and the Vuelta. I was expecting to see Sergio in their line-up of San Sebastian as preparation for the Vuelta, but only his cousin is there. Maybe Poland for him? He should be very fresh to the spanish GT and one of the top guns with less racing in his legs.

i was noticing that sky dom who were used to be on their top game, suddenly they are anonymous in the background. (Henao, kiryenka, sitsou). Maybe they are just burned out. that's why their performance is already hitting the ceiling wall. (can't go higher than that) Now, sky is looking for new fresh blood to grind to the ground. Looks like izagiere brother and Landa is the new guinea pick to grind?

I disagree. Henao is a bad example because he's been injured for ages and perhaps the first true test of his recovery won't be until Pologne/Vuelta. Kiryenka is still good at what he does - he won the long Giro ITT only two months ago! Sitsov looked fine, some top 10s in stages and came 8th overall in Andalucia as a fairly unimportant helper for Froome.

Netserk said:
rodanafrenteguigs said:
Pawel Bernas, young polish talent rumorued to Lotto-Soudal
Felline renewed with Trek

Alex Kirch to Bora
Pierre Rolland to Tinkoff
Van Garderen To Trek

Remenber just rumors for now
:(

I want to see Rolland always with a free role.

Agreed. The most worrying thing about the finances of cycling today is the inability to find €5.5m to sponsor a well-known team guaranteed ASO wildcards with a well established recruitment structure and several known and liked riders in Coquard, Rolland, Voeckler. There's no way those three alone aren't worth more than €5.5m in publicity at the Tour.