• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Transfers and Rumours 2017 > 2018

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Krokro said:
As soon as l'Equipe points out the 2011 and 2012 TDF victories by Sir BeardnTatoos Wiggins, you already know deep inside that the rest of this article could come from a crappy source or journalist..

http://road.cc/content/news/223881-updated-chris-froome-and-bmc-racing-rubbish-team-sky-star-transfer-rumour
interesting theory here: Could it be an attempt to destabilise both teams ahead of a race where last year's runner-up, AG2R-La Mondiale's Romain Bardet, carries the hopes of a home victory for the first time since Bernard Hinault's fourth and final victory in 1985?

pastronef said:
Gazzetta dello Sport : "Kwiatkowski extended his contract with Team Sky until 2020. Jonathan Castroviejo very close to sign with them."

https://www.twitter.com/faustocoppi60/status/873812174585683969

This would be a very strange move. This season Castro gets a lot of oppurtunities where he can lead the team, and then he would go to a team where there are zero chances for own glory. He is also on great terms with Quintana, he even used to train with him in Colombia and then suddenly he would be working for Nairo's biggest rival Froome :confused:

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
According to La Gazzetta Bora want to sign Oss. Oss and Sagan seem to like eachother and they are old Liquigas buddies, so it would make sense.

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I don´t like Oleg, but one thing i agree with him, Sky kills this sport. They really are too strong as a team. They catch all they can as domestiques, some of the best of other teams. This way they are almost imbatible in the tour.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Re:

filipepc said:
I don´t like Oleg, but one thing i agree with him, Sky kills this sport. They really are too strong as a team. They catch all they can as domestiques, some of the best of other teams. This way they are almost imbatible in the tour.

well be lucky they only care for tour

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: Re:

Gloin22 said:
filipepc said:

well be lucky they only care for tour

I Know that is majority to the Tour, but they monopolize this race, and with so strong domestiques the other riders have affraid of attack because they are burning energy for being caught by one of them.

This year if Froome win the Tour i think they will send a strong team too into the vuelta. Guys that didn´t ride the giro can do both Tour and Vuelta, so they can put in the Vuelta, Henao, Powels, Diego rosa, kenaugh ( this one will not ride the tour) and maybe thomas because his giro was short.

Re:

Mayomaniac said:
According to La Gazzetta Bora want to sign Oss. Oss and Sagan seem to like eachother and they are old Liquigas buddies, so it would make sense.

They are clearly close - there have been races where Oss flagrantly led Sagan out for bonus seconds at intermediate sprints although they aren't on the same team. That aside, their talents align very well and Oss would be an ideal lieutenant.

LaFlorecita said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
greenedge said:
GVA would need to sign a comparable domestique then, maybe Kung can continue his progression.

If he gets a say, I think he'll want Lawrence Naesen
Are you sure you don't mean Oliver? Lawrence would hardly be a comparable domestique to Oss.

I mean lawrence, they're buds and he's been winning some decent races these last few weeks. He's not a sprinter nor climber so the fact that he managed to win those say something.

Edit: he's olivers brother btw

Jun 14, 2017
Visit site

My opinion on the changes in WT:
COQUARD, URAN, FORMOLO, CARUSO and ULISSI for Bahrain;
MEINTJES for DD;
Aru and KONRAD for the UAE;
OSS for Bora;
LANDA, KRISTOFF, MORKOV and HALLER for Astana;
KITTEL and RICHEZE for Katusha;
FUGLSANG and D.MARTIN for SKY;
HIRT (CCC), JUNGELS and KIŠERLOVSKI for Sunweb.

Of course it will not only be the changes!

PedroMonteiro said:
MEINTJES for DD;
OSS for Bora;

Fuglsang was offered at Quickstep but they have D. Martin so they declined, so few chances D. Martin will go to Sky...

Jun 14, 2017
Visit site

Lexman said:
PedroMonteiro said:
MEINTJES for DD;
OSS for Bora;

Fuglsang was offered at Quickstep but they have D. Martin so they declined, so few chances D. Martin will go to Sky...

But the quick step does not have the future guaranteed, in case end, I thinking to go to the sky ....

Lexman said:
PedroMonteiro said:
MEINTJES for DD;
OSS for Bora;

Have Quickstep found a sponsor?

It's hard to see Martin going to Sky either way though.

I know that Jungels is a priority for Quick Step, but to fuel some rumours, he just published a picture on Instagram with the CEO of Tag Heuer, saying it's been a pleasure to meet him.

Well, I think that there is a rumour that Tag Heuer wimm assume main sponsorship of BMC so that's a possibility one can not reject.

Jun 14, 2017
Visit site
Re:

Ricco' said:
I know that Jungels is a priority for Quick Step, but to fuel some rumours, he just published a picture on Instagram with the CEO of Tag Heuer, saying it's been a pleasure to meet him.

Well, I think that there is a rumour that Tag Heuer wimm assume main sponsorship of BMC so that's a possibility one can not reject.

BMC without having the future guaranteed and this encounter with Jungels may mean that it is the priority for BMC in 2018, but if quick step continue, does it leave?

GenericBoonenFan said:
LaFlorecita said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
greenedge said:
GVA would need to sign a comparable domestique then, maybe Kung can continue his progression.

If he gets a say, I think he'll want Lawrence Naesen
Are you sure you don't mean Oliver? Lawrence would hardly be a comparable domestique to Oss.

I mean lawrence, they're buds and he's been winning some decent races these last few weeks. He's not a sprinter nor climber so the fact that he managed to win those say something.

Edit: he's olivers brother btw
I know he's his brother, but he's hardly a replacement for Oss, unless he can improve massively over the winter.

Pretty sure D. Martin is staying with Quickstep. They already have Poels, Rosa, Kwai and Henao for the hilly classics and Vuelta-styled races.

And Fuglsang? How many superdoms do Sky want? They should invenst in great roulers instead. Jonathan Castroviejo is a perfect choice.

Latest posts