• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UCI MTB World Cup (All forms!)

Page 68 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Plenty of action this weekend; French Cup weekend with the XCC on Friday, wins for Koreztky & Lecomte....
U23 women's was won by Eleanor Maclean-Howell ahead of Olivia Onesti.
PFP has just won the women's XCO ahead of Blunk & Stigger.

Looks like Sagan has had another heart issue, and will have surgery (from his instagram).
That's too bad for Sagan.

Lots of great racing action, too bad more of it was not streamed

Reactions: jmdirt
I think every year we see world class one day racers have bad days; 8 days non-stop doesn't suit all riders......
Schurter's recovery is something else - he can't seem to find a partner who can keep up the pace for the whole event. Looks like Fini finally blew up today......
Could you imagine being a pro and asked to race with Schurter in this race? I mean both the honour and the horror

Good day for the French....PFP winning the women's ahead of Neff, Keller. Followed by a 1-2-3 for Sarrou, Dubau, Boichis.......

It will be interesting to see who makes the trip to Brasil for the two World Cups.
Interesting race. The French men are definitely flying. The question to be answered after the Olympic Games is, did they overcook it in the beginning of the year? Or did they focus on this year so well that they'll be even stronger at Paris?

There have definitely been past examples of those who killed themselves to make the selection, only to just fall apart by the time of the big show.

I still find it mad, that in the Olympic MTB race, countries are only allowed 2 riders. Why? Yet the road race has a far bigger number. Imagine a max of 5, France/Swiss could take super squads......It's likely both countries will leave World Cup winners behind come July.......
How is that good for the sport?
It's like they want it to be a sparsely filled course. Very weird and counter-productive to making it a bigger spectacle!

The least they could do is open it up a bit more as well. Have more countries invited, allow a few more riders for the top countries. I mean, if the world champs can do it, I am pretty sure the OG can do it to. Or is it such an afterthought to include XCO at all?

Whilst this is a road article, I think it highlights the contrast between road and MTB. More staff, new signings, etc All the while the MTB side seem to have made cutbacks.....and two of their riders have left; Kade Edwards & Pedro Burns.......and there seemed little attempt to sign Vali Holl to the Factory team.