• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UCI MTB World Cup (All forms!)

Page 89 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
More 'changes' planned for MTB racing.......

A lot to take in, putting aside the impact on the sport generally for a moment, perhaps too difficult for my brain.
The apparent difficulty for top multi didipline riders to hop in and out looks a concern.
Even when the rider belongs to an established team it might be difficult, Sam Gaze isn't currently in top 15 ranked team.
Pidcock who is not even in a MTB team will have to rely on the 'profile of an individual athlete ' clause and even then not allowed to enter until four weeks before.

Reactions: Axel Hangleck
A lot to take in, putting aside the impact on the sport generally for a moment, perhaps too difficult for my brain.
The apparent difficulty for top multi discipline riders to hop in and out looks a concern.
Even when the rider belongs to an established team it might be difficult, Sam Gaze isn't currently in top 15 ranked team.
Pidcock who is not even in a MTB team will have to rely on the 'profile of an individual athlete ' clause and even then not allowed to enter until four weeks before.
Whether MTB fans like it or not, the multi discipline riders bring extra interest, especially from road media like CyclingNews, who for long periods of time don't bother with MTB.
WB/Discovery/ UCI should be trying to make it easier for these riders to actually race at MTB World Cups......
I did think all WT/ WWT should be allowed a X number of multi discipline riders in addition to the normal roster - to encourage multi discipline riders - but it's probably not workable, and very few teams would be interested.

Reactions: Wyndbrook