• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UCI to ban supertuck descending starting April 1st.

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Regarding bottles, I think many of them are now completely biodegradable within a year when exposed to the elements. At least that is what says in the team issues of many bottles (from Tacx and one or two from Elite) that I have.

Gel and bar packages are the ones I see being more harmful. But then again, what do these weigh when empty? Don't see the need for the riders to dispose of them.

Simple solution: Every rider gets a catheter inserted, which they will be allowed to empty in designated zones during the races. This will also make it easier for anti doping authorities to collect and test urine samples. Producers would also know when to cut away from "the action".

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
It for sure makes you question UCI competence.

P.S. Results in areas, such as doping prevention, child and adult abuse and harassment prevention, some general sense of on how they managed to improve riders safety on races ... here they have my full support. What they do instead, like this April Fool's Day package, that just make them look like fools. Abusing the weakest link, individual rider, and try to show their power. At least until the whole peloton will refuse to ride a prominent race or stage. Then what.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS