• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Ulissi pulled

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

carton said:
infeXio said:
carton said:
So, yeah.

Wow, Ulissi winning a stage with a slight uphill finish. My god, he must be so dirty!
Didn't really enjoy the way he celebrated that one. But I'm a heartless b who doesn't believe in miracles. Or that the guys who want it that desperately will know exactly were to draw the line. But yeah, I don't know if he's dirty or not. Riding Lobato (an everyone else) clean off his wheel after 264km sure didn't convince me otherwise, though.

If Lobato would've had a better starting position this thread wouldn't have been bumped. Such is the opportunism.

Not saying you guys are wrong about Ulissi, but the script is predictable.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

Arnout said:
carton said:
infeXio said:
carton said:
So, yeah.

Wow, Ulissi winning a stage with a slight uphill finish. My god, he must be so dirty!
Didn't really enjoy the way he celebrated that one. But I'm a heartless b who doesn't believe in miracles. Or that the guys who want it that desperately will know exactly were to draw the line. But yeah, I don't know if he's dirty or not. Riding Lobato (an everyone else) clean off his wheel after 264km sure didn't convince me otherwise, though.

If Lobato would've had a better starting position this thread wouldn't have been bumped. Such is the opportunism.

Not saying you guys are wrong about Ulissi, but the script is predictable.

So is the doping.....but hey shoot the messengers

Arnout said:
Lobato was on Ulissi's wheel as he rocketed past maybe fifteen guys before Ulissi finally rode JJ off his wheel. Lobato was perfectly placed, he was just nowhere near matching Ulissi's power and stamina.

Arnout said:
That cuts both ways. If Ulissi hadn't said, and I quote, "this win erases everything that has gone before", and so thoroughly embodied that sentiment at the finish line, I would've been much more inclined to let sleeping dogs lie.

It just amazes me to no end how many fans are so desperately starving for incredible performances from guys who'll visibly do absolutely anything to win and yet at the same time are still pretending to care about doping.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
At least we know from Diego Armando Ullisi he won from early days on, wheter that was while puffing is a very different question.

In other news, FGL is saying when one is in need of Salbutamol one is not fit to race and should not participate in any grand tour or small grand tour.

FGL also remembers the times when salbutamol, caffeine and epo were on the doping list, lets ask Bugno and Indurain.

Hoozee for clean cycling.