• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Uno-X Pro Cycling Team

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
But that carries with it 17 riders already signed for 2022.

Good riders mostly - but only Jansen fits with the team strategy.

I think a more likely approach would be, for Uno-X to wait on BEX going bust (which I personally don't hope will happen), and then apply for the WT license left unused.

My post refers to 2023 - You choose the riders you want and you pick up the licence.

That would indeed be the fastest way, but then their statement about not wanting to compromise the team's identity and philosophy would have kind of a hollow ring to it. And if that was seen as a feasible strategy, then it would have been easier to have bought NTT's licence last year and possibly have gotten Norman, Stokbro, Vinjebo, Valgren and EBH that way and an experienced DS in Lars Michaelsen as well as Lars Bak and Rasmus Tiller, who they ultimately picked up anyway.

The question is if they are even interested in becoming a WT team before 2023, and whether they want to slowly progress and develop into one rather than buying their way in.

My post refers to 2023 - Gerry Ryan stops funding BEX at the end of 2022 unless he can attract suitable funding - UnoX can then fill the breach if the parties come to an agreement - It's much easier to start a team with infrastructure and a core of good riders - Look at how challenging it's been for Intermarchy in 2021.

I think they will happily wait until 2023, provided they get a wild card for the Tour next year..... I think that part makes a big difference, with the main sponsor having significant business interests in Denmark.

Sure, but that just begs the question of why they haven't invested more in actually ensuring that, if that is their goal. They haven't stated, that they want to be invited to the 2022 TdF (only as a possibility for the women's team), but it would make sense if they do.
But we'll know a lot more, when they announce future signings in August.

Eiking & Kamp could be a good tandem for secondary hilly races. I think both of them could score a bunch of points in french & italian hill campaign.

Juul has slotted into domestique duties for several years, but on a smaller team i think he could still score some results by himself.

I'm not so sure about the guys at NTT, but then again that team is a mess. Crazy that 40 year old Pozzovivo is Top5 in the team.

Sure, but that just begs the question of why they haven't invested more in actually ensuring that, if that is their goal. They haven't stated, that they want to be invited to the 2022 TdF (only as a possibility for the women's team), but it would make sense if they do.
But we'll know a lot more, when they announce future signings in August.

I have no idea if it is their goal, but I surmise it would make sense, given what the team strategy is and who the sponsors are.

I can't really think of any Danes they could have picked up prior to this season, all the good ones were under contract, except for Asgreen, and he was never gonna move, especially to a Pro team.

Reactions: Sandisfan
In terms of scoring significant points, only Fuglsang and Honore are relevant.

Kamp can be a stable earner, with a lot of top 20s over a season, but probably lacks that tiny bit extra, to make him someone who wins with regularity.

Juul is the perfect road captain for a new WT team.

Norsgaard has the potential to become a cobbles star, but we are probably at least a couple of seasons away from him proving that.

The rest are excellent Doms, but no more than that.
Okay. I guess the most obvious way to secure a WT licence would be to sign Kristoff and Fuglsang next year. Along with a couple of good domestiques. But it would probably require a significant budget increase to acquire both.

The most ideal developent for Uno-X IMO; given a slight budget increase next year and plans for a WT-spot in 2023, would be keeping the best of their current riders and signing for instance Honore and at least two of Juul, Bystrøm, Kamp and Eiking. That would give them a fairly solid squad in the one-day races next year with a handful of riders able to earn some points. And put them in position to make even bigger signings in 2023, like a top one-day rider like Mads Pedersen or Kragh Andersen. I think it will be easier to sign a rider of that quality if you already have a solid team to support them.

Okay. I guess the most obvious way to secure a WT licence would be to sign Kristoff and Fuglsang next year. Along with a couple of good domestiques. But it would probably require a significant budget increase to acquire both.

The most ideal developent for Uno-X IMO; given a slight budget increase next year and plans for a WT-spot in 2023, would be keeping the best of their current riders and signing for instance Honore and at least two of Juul, Bystrøm, Kamp and Eiking. That would give them a fairly solid squad in the one-day races next year with a handful of riders able to earn some points. And put them in position to make even bigger signings in 2023, like a top one-day rider like Mads Pedersen or Kragh Andersen. I think it will be easier to sign a rider of that quality if you already have a solid team to support them.

I agree on Fuglsang/Kristoff.

Honore I think will be very difficult for a "small" team to pick up, he is surely already on the radar of several big teams.

Niklas Larsen has extended his contract through 2023. That's interesting. Ok, he hasn't been able to show much on the road the last couple of seasons due to a pretty stupid injury, the limited race calendar and his commitments on the track, and since he's already 24 that could of course scare away some teams, but still you'd think he would receive some offers, if he had waited until after Olympics to make his decision. We'll have to wait and see, if Johansen and Rodenberg extends as well.

Niklas Larsen has extended his contract through 2023. That's interesting. Ok, he hasn't been able to show much on the road the last couple of seasons due to a pretty stupid injury, the limited race calendar and his commitments on the track, and since he's already 24 that could of course scare away some teams, but still you'd think he would receive some offers, if he had waited until after Olympics to make his decision. We'll have to wait and see, if Johansen and Rodenberg extends as well.

Pretty baffled he hasn't received WT offers.

You don't think he's dancing with joy over the contract extention?

Gregaard has looked a little bit better this year, while Eg just hasn't been able to progress at all for some time. Norman is primarily a track rider and has only shown the same talent on the road, but he isn't a bad domestique. Now the question is if Norman's pursuit teammates Rodenberg and Johansen are staying with the team.

They have also signed Ola Sylling and Simon Dalby to the development team.

The team has gotten some goo results this week, with Tobias Halland Johannessen taking his first two pro wins in the Czech Republic and Markus Hoelgaard winning stage 1 in the Arctic Race, where he finished 12th and Træen 10th.

They've signed a bunch of riders now for both the pro team and the development team, and Marcus Sander Hansen has already been promised a spot on the pro team for 2023.

I don't know much about Ådne Holter, so to me it seems a bit weird that he is signed directly to the pro team, but he may very well be a fine rider. The team obviously knows him quite well, after he was a stagiare with them in 2019, and he's from Lillehammer which probably also means something.

If the rumour about Lasse Norman is true, then I wouldn't be surprised at all if an anouncement of both him and Julie Leth joining them is coming out soon. They haven't (officially) signed a Danish rider for the women's team yet, and I know the team and Leth are following each other on Instagram, so it could make sense if she'll become the first, especially if Norman is making the move as well. And the team obviously has a functional relationship with the Danish track team, so it shouldnt be a huge problem if they wish to continue being part of that either.

They also have 17 riders on the pro team, whose futures are still unknown.

Last edited:
They almost tricked me into thinking they had signed Marco Mercato (whose name is actually Marcato), but that was not the case.
Instead Rodenberg, Johansen, Markus Hoelgaard and Iversby Hvideberg will all be leaving the team.

They almost tricked me into thinking they had signed Marco Mercato (whose name is actually Marcato), but that was not the case.
Instead Rodenberg, Johansen, Markus Hoelgaard and Iversby Hvideberg will all be leaving the team.

Well at least I wasn't the only one then!

TRENDING THREADS