• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vattenfall Cyclasics

auscyclefan94 said:
Who will win this years Vattenfall Cyclassics? Should be an intersting race with Cav not racing it as he always dominates any sprint he's involved in.

Here is the start list:
Vattenfall Cyclassics Start List

wouldn't rely too much on that list (Jens Voigt ? Team Katusha with those backnumbers ?)
the provisional startlist was given by the race website a couple of days ago here
http://files.upsolut-server.de/cyclassics/2009/elite/2009/VC09_Startliste_Elite_20090813.pdf

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I think that Friere should be the favourite but other guys like Renshaw, Davis or Breschel could cause the upset. It would be interesting to see Cancellara break away from the pack like he did at Milan San Remo. He really does cause panic for the sprinters teams when he attacks close to the finish.

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Online?

It would be nice to see Tyler Farrar win, certainly not get 2nd!
Might be hard to get past Greipel though (or is he working for Renshaw?).
I'd like to see the two Tassie boys (Goss and Sulzberger) make some sort of a showing ...

Anyone know if it is streamed online anywhere (preferably in English ...) to watch live?

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I have a suprise call for Dominic Klemme

Winning the sprint of a small group.
Perhaps an early break with largely unknown riders.
If an early break doesn't materialize watch out for Matti Breschel, Freire, Goss and the other "very-good-sprinters-who-don't-want-to-take-on-Boonen etc."

A

Anonymous

im going to go completely and utterly out on a limb and say ben swift :)

if not really hoping alan davies can stick it to boonen and show who should have been at the tour..

glad to see its live on eurosport as well.. shame we going to see the donkeys.. sky+ set to record it and the liverpool game :D

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Here is the - slightly blown up - :)p) profile:

vc09-profil-elite.popup.ca44563960aab7ac9f5d5dcdeb076299

the live broadcast is available on Eurosport 15:20, Amsterdam/Brussel/Paris time

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
the live broadcast is available on Eurosport 15:20, Amsterdam/Brussel/Paris time

just saw psv-ajax, hamburg broadcast begins in a few minutes, tonight the 100 meters final with bolt, gay and powell. this is a good day :D

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
beachvolleyball on dutch tv, running women on belgian tv and ski-jumping (!?) on eurosport.
come on!

/nm, i hear renaat schotte talking from the living room tv \o/

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
TV ants has a great (french europsort) feed again.

I wish I spoke French so I could understand the commentary......

I guess I got no excuse though, given that my wife is a French teacher.

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Cobber said:
I wish I spoke French so I could understand the commentary......

I guess I got no excuse though, given that my wife is a French teacher.

I did 6 years of French at school, but it doesn't help much as that was way too long ago...

so, I'm having the same problem :)