Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 115 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Vino attacks everyone said:
yea, lol.
Horner is really the third strongest climber in the world :eek:
Horner won't be able to drop Nibali on the Angliru, he'll go so fast that his relative mass will increase so much he'll create his own gravitional field that's strong enough to pull Nibali with him:D
 
Mar 9, 2013
1,996
0
0
LOL, I think you should stick to beating up on the bad riders Nibbles just don't show up at Le Tour save us the excuses you aint got no chance yet again found out. Just when you think he turns elite this happens. Ok to win 2 GT's is tough but he can only have a 1min plus gap on TDF riders that tells me a lot.
 
Aug 16, 2011
10,820
1
0
Hope that Nibali can do something special the next couple stages and make those 3 seconds grow, but Horner is looking too good. Think he'll probably give up red on Angliru. :(

Oh well, he'll just have to make up for it with rainbow. ;)
 
TANK91 said:
LOL, I think you should stick to beating up on the bad riders Nibbles just don't show up at Le Tour save us the excuses you aint got no chance yet again found out. Just when you think he turns elite this happens. Ok to win 2 GT's is tough but he can only have a 1min plus gap on TDF riders that tells me a lot.
Just a couple of days ago Martinelli gave an interview where he said that Nibbles still is 20 watts behind on what he could perform in the giro. This mean not even near (relatively) a top form :rolleyes:
 
TANK91 said:
LOL, I think you should stick to beating up on the bad riders Nibbles just don't show up at Le Tour save us the excuses you aint got no chance yet again found out. Just when you think he turns elite this happens. Ok to win 2 GT's is tough but he can only have a 1min plus gap on TDF riders that tells me a lot.
Oh dear....:eek: Nibbles is still the second best stage racer at the moment so I'd be quiet if I were you. He may not be able to beat Froome uphill but he can definitely smash him on other stages just by being a REAL bike racer.

I am looking forward to next July, Nibali and Contador going for it on every stage, it will be fun :D
 
Mar 9, 2013
1,996
0
0
LaFlorecita said:
Oh dear....:eek: Nibbles is still the second best stage racer at the moment so I'd be quiet if I were you. He may not be able to beat Froome uphill but he can definitely smash him on other stages just by being a REAL bike racer.

I am looking forward to next July, Nibali and Contador going for it on every stage, it will be fun :D
Oh deary me, are you for real come on Nibali fans stick up for me want she the 1 hating on Nibali, god have I really missed that much flo you was saying Nibali IS NOT the 2nd best stage racer and yes we will look forward to Nibali riding Contador off his wheel why the two real Stage racers NQ and CF ride into the sunset. Why so negative my post is just reality IMO, do you guys agree Nibali winning the Giro was as impressive a performance as CF and NQ that is all I have basically said guys, Check Giro Field compared to other GT fields its weaker again IMO. Im not discounting Nibali if u see my post 2GT's is obvi a mega deal. I just find it staggering he is not in better shape don't you agree?, look at the gaps to the 2 behind who had the TDF in the legs then we will really see who is talking sense. Just tell me what we see that says Nibali should ride the Tour next yr, Yes I know ill get the usual rubbish the TDF is the TDF bla bla but why not make a name and win few Giro's on the trot. To sign off I will agree whatever happens he as had a great year even if he gets 2nd in La Vuelta to be on a podium in 2 GT's in same year is unbelievable.
 
TANK91 said:
Oh deary me, are you for real come on Nibali fans stick up for me want she the 1 hating on Nibali, god have I really missed that much flo you was saying Nibali IS NOT the 2nd best stage racer and yes we will look forward to Nibali riding Contador off his wheel why the two real Stage racers NQ and CF ride into the sunset. Why so negative my post is just reality IMO, do you guys agree Nibali winning the Giro was as impressive a performance as CF and NQ that is all I have basically said guys, Check Giro Field compared to other GT fields its weaker again IMO. Im not discounting Nibali if u see my post 2GT's is obvi a mega deal. I just find it staggering he is not in better shape don't you agree?, look at the gaps to the 2 behind who had the TDF in the legs then we will really see who is talking sense. Just tell me what we see that says Nibali should ride the Tour next yr, Yes I know ill get the usual rubbish the TDF is the TDF bla bla but why not make a name and win few Giro's on the trot. To sign off I will agree whatever happens he as had a great year even if he gets 2nd in La Vuelta to be on a podium in 2 GT's in same year is unbelievable.
Do you find staggering he's not in better shape? He stated at the very beginning that his objective is Florence which is weeks away.
 
TANK91 said:
Oh deary me, are you for real come on Nibali fans stick up for me want she the 1 hating on Nibali, god have I really missed that much flo you was saying Nibali IS NOT the 2nd best stage racer and yes we will look forward to Nibali riding Contador off his wheel why the two real Stage racers NQ and CF ride into the sunset. Why so negative my post is just reality IMO, do you guys agree Nibali winning the Giro was as impressive a performance as CF and NQ that is all I have basically said guys, Check Giro Field compared to other GT fields its weaker again IMO. Im not discounting Nibali if u see my post 2GT's is obvi a mega deal. I just find it staggering he is not in better shape don't you agree?, look at the gaps to the 2 behind who had the TDF in the legs then we will really see who is talking sense. Just tell me what we see that says Nibali should ride the Tour next yr, Yes I know ill get the usual rubbish the TDF is the TDF bla bla but why not make a name and win few Giro's on the trot. To sign off I will agree whatever happens he as had a great year even if he gets 2nd in La Vuelta to be on a podium in 2 GT's in same year is unbelievable.
Hmm... sorry mate, not gonna read this wall of text
 
Eshnar said:
Do you find staggering he's not in better shape? He stated at the very beginning that his objective is Florence which is weeks away.
I think he may have targetted the wrong race, if what you are saying is true, because he could have won the Vuelta comfortably, whoever the Worlds, against the best one day racers
 
Aug 5, 2012
2,290
0
0
Nibali isn't in his very top form yet and Chris has been simply superb so far this Vuelta, I wouldn't rush to judgement about how Nibali will do in the Tour next year just yet, personally I think Froome will win but Nibali will make it interesting for sure, hopefully Horner will be at the Tour as well.
 
del1962 said:
I think he may have targetted the wrong race, if what you are saying is true, because he could have won the Vuelta comfortably, whoever the Worlds, against the best one day racers
It's clear that the most important target for him is the Worlds. Now I'm not saying he's unprepared at all (after all without Horner he would be winning comfortably) but he's not in top shape at all.
 
del1962 said:
I think he may have targetted the wrong race, if what you are saying is true, because he could have won the Vuelta comfortably, whoever the Worlds, against the best one day racers
Vuelta will be there every year for as long as he'll be a top rider (hopefully 5-6 years).

Worlds on home soil with such a hard route probably never again.
 
SafeBet said:
I don't see anybody gaining much time on the Cordal descent even with rain.

Tomorrow's stage would be ideal for an ambush in bad weather conditions.
I was thinking more about Horner climbing 6km of almost continuous double-digit gradients out of the saddle in the wet.

That and cooler wet weather would have at least minimized his advantage.
 
del1962 said:
I think he may have targetted the wrong race, if what you are saying is true, because he could have won the Vuelta comfortably, whoever the Worlds, against the best one day racers
A tough WCC like this and on home soil happens probably once in your lifetime.
He targeted the right race, even if he doesn't win it in the end, I think it was the right decision.
 
Eshnar said:
It's clear that the most important target for him is the Worlds. Now I'm not saying he's unprepared at all (after all without Horner he would be winning comfortably) but he's not in top shape at all.
Not really. Most of his margin over Valverde comes from a TTT and Valverde's puncture.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY