• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 226 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Red Rick said:
He's Italian, he's the Italian national champion and he's the reigning TdF champion. To ride the Giro should be the greatest experience he could have in his career. I don't see a single reason why he wouldn't ride it

I can think of one

fencing1-660x440.jpg

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I'd say Nibali isn't too happy about AC's unexpected participation, I've heard (unfounded) rumors that he's been negociating with RCS to have quite an easy route for next year's Giro so that he would have a good shot for the double with the Tour.
Surely he isn't gonna say anything, but this upsets his plans as he must have thought he would have an easy win at the Giro, against an extremely weak field (at best: Uran / 36 years old Rodriguez? ).

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Rollthedice said:
At that precise point in time the guy in yellow had two and a half minutes in front of the guy in yellow fluo. I don't see any reason why that rider wearing yellow wouldn't like to change that to pink. Except maybe if he likes yellow more.

At that precise point, the peloton was just about to enter Contador's territory.

There won't be any cobbles at the Giro, and things will not always go as conveniently as it did at the Tour for Nibali. It really looked like he was meant to win it.
Tomorrow, you can throw them in the same cobbled stage, you won't have the same result especially without rain, because there is some randomness involved.

BlurryVII said:
At that precise point, the peloton was just about to enter Contador's territory.

And? this means Alberto would have won without any doubts?
Too bad there are no picture of stage 5 finish line, oh well, you should need a video actually....

I'd say Nibali isn't too happy about AC's unexpected participation, I've heard (unfounded) rumors that he's been negociating with RCS to have quite an easy route for next year's Giro so that he would have a good shot for the double with the Tour.
Surely he isn't gonna say anything, but this upsets his plans as he must have thought he would have an easy win at the Giro, against an extremely weak field

Report rumors and tell us how can you read minds, should need a proper thread

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
IronCQ said:
And? this means Alberto would have won without any doubts?
Too bad there are no picture of stage 5 finish line, oh well, you should need a video actually....

Report rumors and tell us how can you read minds, should need a proper thread

No, but the main part of race didn't actually begin when AC crashed so quite irrelevant to say that Nibali had 2 min 30 lead in the GC especially when you know that AC is the better climber.

And if he wouldn't have gotten all that time back only on the summit finishes, now imagine peak contador blowing up the race from far out with the team he had.
AC would have done anything & Nibali would have suffered like never to keep his lead. That's 2 things you can be sure of.

2- Learn to read, I said unfounded rumors that I read myself from other forums.
The rest is not about reading minds, it is my opinion.

BlurryVII said:
No, but the main part of race didn't actually begin when AC crashed so quite irrelevant to say that Nibali had 2 min 30 lead in the GC especially when you know that AC is the better climber.

And if he wouldn't have gotten all that time back only on the summit finishes, now imagine peak contador blowing up the race from far out with the team he had. AC would have done anything & Nibali would have suffered like never to keep his lead.
Dude, you should follow the advice of others and watch stage 5 in HD. ;)

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
cineteq said:
Dude, you should follow the advice of others and watch stage 5 in HD. ;)

No thanks, Nibali won the lottery, did his thing with his teammate who did almost all of the work, took risks knowing he was inferior in the mountains and that's about it.

By the way, I can't remember, is TDF raced in 5 or 21 stages?

:eek:

BlurryVII said:
No thanks, Nibali won the lottery, did his thing with his teammate who did almost all of the work, took risks knowing he was inferior in the mountains and that's about it.

By the way, I can't remember, is TDF raced in 5 or 21 stages?

:eek:

Completely agree. Nibali fans think Nibali was stronger because he got 2'30" minutes in a lottery.

Stronger on the cobbles =/= stronger uphill

But Nibali fanbois don't understand that.

Nibali was stronger on cobbles than Contador.

And see, that's the difference between real cycling fans, like the ones who cheer Contador in Italy, and hyenas. Who do nothing but talk down wins of riders who happen not to be their favorites. Then it's lotteries they have won, luck, profited from the team who did all the work on cobbles, etc etc. Pretty classless stuff.

You are obviously a hyena. (With all my apologies to the real hyenas, who actually get a bad rep)

But anyway, humor me: A quote for this:

"Nibali fans think Nibali was stronger because he got 2'30" minutes in a lottery."

The fridge in the blue trees said:
Nibali was stronger on cobbles than Contador.

And see, that's the difference between real cycling fans, like the ones who cheer Contador in Italy, and hyenas. Who do nothing but talk down wins of riders who happen not to be their favorites. Then it's lotteries they have won, luck, profited from the team who did all the work on cobbles, etc etc. Pretty classless stuff.
They justify with hotair and not facts the actions of their idols. They're unable to face the truth with dignity.

LaFlorecita said:
Completely agree. Nibali fans think Nibali was stronger because he got 2'30" minutes in a lottery.

Stronger on the cobbles =/= stronger uphill

But Nibali fanbois don't understand that.
Uncanny the double standard shown by this fangirl. I'd like to see what she'd say if a member do a similar post in the Contador's thread as she did here :rolleyes:

Netserk said:
You do know that it's a discussion thread, not the old appreciation thread? Hopefully it's allowed to post more than just praise in such a thread.

oh please as if people doesn't go bat**** crazy in the AC thread every time someone says that AC perhas isn't the true son of God :rolleyes:
Usualy the response is things like "Idon't care about your opinion, **** off!" or "this is an AC thread, not a AC bashing thread... mods!!"

May 28, 2012
Visit site
BlurryVII said:

There won't be any cobbles at the Giro, and things will not always go as conveniently as it did at the Tour for Nibali. It really looked like he was meant to win it.
Tomorrow, you can throw them in the same cobbled stage, you won't have the same result especially without rain, because there is some randomness involved.

Randomness = Nibali being ridiculously strong and gaining minuts on his opponents? :confused:

Vino attacks everyone said:
oh please as if people doesn't go bat**** crazy in the AC thread every time someone says that AC perhas isn't the true son of God :rolleyes:
Usualy the response is things like "Idon't care about your opinion, **** off!" or "this is an AC thread, not a AC bashing thread... mods!!"

But isn't that because Contador is the son of God?

Speaking with the wisdom (?) of age it is distressing to see fans of one or the other behave like 12 year olds, hurling taunts back and forth. There is more to cycling than these 2 riders and this back and forth denigration of the unfavored one is just plain silly IMO.

There is no need to say disrespectful things about another rider. It does not elevate your favorite in any way.

Both Nibali and Contador have shown themselves to be champions. I appreciate both of them. Not equally, but I appreciate a good bike rider when I see one...well maybe not sprinters so much :).

Anyway this behavior only serves to ruin 2 threads! Isn't there a Nibs vs. AC thread? Why not go do your bickering there? It would be much appreciated :).

Signed aged old woman who just wants to discuss cycling :).

Vino attacks everyone said:
When was the last time I did that?

TRENDING THREADS