• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 361 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I thought this was the Nibali thread, not the blackmamba thread.

Nibs will have recovered well overnight and will show them how to ride a MTT :). He obviously isn't deadly as in 2013/2014 but should be good enough to pull off a Giro win anyway. Go Shark!

Re: Re:

Rollthedice said:
SafeBet said:
Gotta be honest here, I think today's stage was one of his most beautiful and gutsy rides ever. Being dropped so far from the finish and riding alone for such a long time losing only 35 seconds in the end, great stuff.
I had flashes of the Bola del Mundo 2010 stage, with Mosquera dropping him early and Nibali fighting his way back. That's the day I became a fan, and today I remembered why.

This is not the superhuman Nibali of 2013/14. This is a vulnerable and imperfect rider who will never give up without a fight. A true cagnaccio. I'm not sure he has the shape to fight for the jersey in the third week but I know he'll try. Some entertaining stages are coming. Chapeau champion.

Great post, same thoughts. How would you translate cagnaccio?
Literally it means bad dog. But yeah, a cagnaccio is a rider who keeps fighting no matter what happens. You need to kill him to get rid of him.

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Well, considering this is just an average post by blackmamba on the 'how childish and stupid is my post on a scale of 1-10', I think he deserves it.

Your the type who dont like to be wrong I guess. And calling the greatest rider of our generation a hype is pretty impressive to actually say and think. The fact that I point it out to you guys who seems lost a few times you should just thank me, anyway this isnt about him so I wont dwelve on that matter everyone already aknowledge Contaor as the greatest GT rider of our generation so nothing to speak of. You should rather focus on making up your mind, you called Majka a passive rider and rider who had a bad TT and riding passive in the mountains for sad but defend Quintana :rolleyes:

Im not sure your quit well anyway all the best.

Miburo said:
saganftw said:
i hope he wont start defending his podium from valverde,that would be a shame

Don't discredit nibali. He's a champion, he doesn't care about a podium.

Yeah, one thing I'm pretty sure about is that he'll go for the win. He probably won't get it, but he'll try. Even in 2011 when he was way behind Contador he tried.

Maybe being so behind will suit him. At the 2013 Vuelta he struggled to hold on to the lead, and has never seemed as comfortable defending a lead than doing all he can to get it, barring when he is in superhuman form.

blackmamba said:
Valv.Piti said:
Well, considering this is just an average post by blackmamba on the 'how childish and stupid is my post on a scale of 1-10', I think he deserves it.

Your the type who dont like to be wrong I guess. And calling the greatest rider of our generation a hype is pretty impressive to actually say and think. The fact that I point it out to you guys who seems lost a few times you should just thank me, anyway this isnt about him so I wont dwelve on that matter everyone already aknowledge Contaor as the greatest GT rider of our generation so nothing to speak of. You should rather focus on making up your mind, you called Majka a passive rider and rider who had a bad TT and riding passive in the mountains for sad but defend Quintana :rolleyes:

Im not sure your quit well anyway all the best.
Since absolutely everyone on this forum says that your posts are childish don't you think that there maybe is a tiny possibility that your posts are indeed childish?

Re:

SafeBet said:
If his shape is fading I'm not sure he will have the strength to try much. Remember Vuelta 2011.
I'm not sure if he's fading or felt the effects of yesterday. I remember last year's Dauphine where he went solo for a long time then the next day was awful. Similar thing here, I hope, just not to the same extent, but in the grand scheme of things much, much worse.