• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 39 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
cineteq is back as a squalo fan after nibali definitely said he hates lance and everything he stands for lol. what a fan. chapeau

as I said, fake fan. what a pathetic excuse also to put that here. why would we care? it's cineteq who wants to be confirmed he can stay nibali fan. not us

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
cineteq said:
a bookie doesn't care about cycling, let alone riders. you're obviously not qualify to make an opinion on 'fake fans' or whatever that means. ;)

you look for excuses to like or dislike a rider you say to be a fan of. that sounds to me rather fake

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
Some people actually care about having a clean sport, you know. If you don't care, that's up to you, but that doesn't mean those who do are in the wrong.

what does that have to do with it? nobody is talking here about nibali doping, nor did he say so himself

Ryo Hazuki said:
what does that have to do with it? nobody is talking here about nibali doping, nor did he say so himself
Wanting a clean sport is incompatible with saying Armstrong is a great champion no matter what. Someone who has a strong opinion about doping will naturally find it harder to support Nibali after he said that. It's perfectly logical.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
Wanting a clean sport is incompatible with saying Armstrong is a great champion no matter what. Someone who has a strong opinion about doping will naturally find it harder to support Nibali after he said that. It's perfectly logical.

Yeah, but Ryo is a supporter of Vino yet he hates Sevilla for reasons that shouldn't be discussed in this particular forum section. If you catch my drift.

So his opinion about this sport is rarely coherent.

hrotha said:

Yeah, except Nibali has been linked to - has been seen training with - Ferrari. Together with Pellizotti. What he says or doesn't say is irrelevant. It seems to me that, more often than not, all logic goes out the window when someone mentions Lance in a favorable light. Anti-doping crusaders shouldn't be championing riders like Nibali in the first place. They can't have it both ways.

I know some of them justify it with "oh, but there's no hard evidence!!!!!!11," but that's just a cop-out and everyone knows it.

Parrulo said:
drop the clinic talk or it will lead to bans
would be funnier if it led to banes

dark-knight-rises-new-bane-photo.jpg

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Nibali is a great cyclist. He might not have raw talent but he works hard and races to win throughout the year unlike others who are only interested in winning one particular race during a season.

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
gruppeto993 said:
Nibali is a great cyclist. He might not have raw talent but he works hard and races to win throughout the year unlike others who are only interested in winning one particular race during a season.

He is in front of his most important goal of his career. Winning the Giro for first time beating Wiggins and SKY would make him one of the greats of this era.

I agree he hasn't a top engine