• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 41 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Vino attacks everyone said:
Does it say that this is the first time he does so? That cyclist tries new tt positions is interesting in itself, doe not mean that they never tried have t before

True, Contador does it pretty much every year again. Same with VDB2.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
So.. Nibali does now what most other serious contenders already did years before him? (testing TT position on track or in tunnels)..?

Bit late with that

indeed very very late, at 28 he is about one year away from retirement so why even bother :rolleyes:

by looking at the pictures and comparing them to the tour ones his position does look different, the elbows are further inside and his body is more ahead on the bike which makes his back flatter.

let's hope he improves enough to stay within a minute and a half of wiggins at the giro

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Parrulo said:
indeed very very late, at 28 he is about one year away from retirement so why even bother :rolleyes:

by looking at the pictures and comparing them to the tour ones his position does look different, the elbows are further inside and his body is more ahead on the bike which makes his back flatter.

let's hope he improves enough to stay within a minute and a half of wiggins at the giro

Wait, is this really his first time?

That would be pretty bad especially knowing what last year's tour route was.

He should have started it at least in 2010. I hope he did that.

Miburo said:
Wait, is this really his first time?

That would be pretty bad especially knowing what last year's tour route was.

He should have started it at least in 2010. I hope he did that.

no, he had already worked on this during last years off-season, there is plenty speculation on weather he had improved or not his itt with his new position.

according to an interview with the specialized guys a few months ago, they said that cannondale's team had done a bad job with his position because while they made him more aero, his new position wasn't using nibali strongest muscle groups so it didn't give him any improvement in performance. of course since it came for the specialized guys i would take it a grain of salt as its probably just a PR stunt.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Parrulo said:
no, he had already worked on this during last years off-season, there is plenty speculation on weather he had improved or not his itt with his new position.

according to an interview with the specialized guys a few months ago, they said that cannondale's team had done a bad job with his position because while they made him more aero, his new position wasn't using nibali strongest muscle groups so it didn't give him any improvement in performance. of course since it came for the specialized guys i would take it a grain of salt as its probably just a PR stunt.

well, we shall see in the Giro. If indeed he does improves, then it's not merely a PR stunt.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Isn't Nibali overdoing it? Riding all those classics could cost him the necessary last few percents to win the Giro. There are many riders like S. Sanchez, Wiggins or Hesjedal taking it much easier atm, but they will be ready for Nibbles at the Giro.

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Pentacycle said:
Isn't Nibali overdoing it? Riding all those classics could cost him the necessary last few percents to win the Giro. There are many riders like S. Sanchez, Wiggins or Hesjedal taking it much easier atm, but they will be ready for Nibbles at the Giro.

I don't think MSR will be a problem because it's 2 month before the Giro, for what regard the Ardennes i think he will skip Amstel and Fleche to ride the Trentino, so by racing only Liege he won't compromise Giro build-up.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Very impressed with Nibbles today, he did very well. And for a while it looked like he could put a dent in Sky. He looks right on track for the Giro, I just hope he doesn't overdo it like Pentacycle said.
He's definitely going to be the only one that can Challenge Sky, hopefully Wiggins shows up in crap form. :p

TRENDING THREADS