• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 98 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 19, 2011
Visit site
webbie146 said:
Wiggins should not even bother to travel to Spain for the Vuelta. Way to many mtf for him...

Haha I think it depends how Froom performs in the Tour, if Froom lost the Tour. Wiggins can use Vuelta to beat Froom again, putting more salts on the wounds. I can imagine British public will be overwhelming to support Wiggins' leadership for next year Tour.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
whittashau said:
Based on Nibble's twitter it looks like he's been getting drunk in Astana.

BMLItT5CMAEg1tb.jpg

maxmartin said:
I can imagine British public will be overwhelming to support Wiggins' leadership for next year Tour.

Perhaps the casual British cycling follower yes, however don't paint everyone with the same brush just like I would not stereotype every American to be fat and in love with cheeseburgers. :D I like Froome and never want him to play 2nd best to Wiggo again.

I hope Nibali can compete in next years Tour against Froome, Contador, Purito and the younger riders coming through so we can have a great battle.

I'm glad Nibali doesn't care about Bettini's strategy of riding the Vuelta as a stage hunter. Considering Nibali's awesome sprint, that would probably have ended well. Come on Nibali, let's get the first double!

[Considering Froome's dominance in the Tour, he'll probably face Valverde, Rodriguez and COntador trying to save their seasons :eek: ]

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Nice! Nibbles gonna kill everyone in Spain. :D Not sure that it will endanger his worlds chances too much, he can still build form and go for the win I think. Worlds is just a one day after all. Plus it would be just awesome if he was able to win the Vuelta + worlds.

TA, Trentino, Giro, Vuelta, Worlds, and Lombardia in a signal season. :eek: Legend! _O_

maxmartin said:
I don't know, anyone competitive in the Tour probably will not be competitive in the Vuelta.
Purito hasn't been competitive, I guess we can count on him.

The Hitch said:
As ive been saying since last year;)
Great, finally we concurred on something ;)

Dazed and Confused said:
Sounds excellent.

Henao/Uran

Betancur?

Majka/CAS maybe others if Saxo fails in the tour

J-Rod?

Valverde?

Could be a competitive lineup.
Can't wait!

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Afrank said:
Nice! Nibbles gonna kill everyone in Spain. :D Not sure that it will endanger his worlds chances too much, he can still build form and go for the win I think. Worlds is just a one day after all. Plus it would be just awesome if he was able to win the Vuelta + worlds.

TA, Trentino, Giro, Vuelta, Worlds, and Lombardia in a signal season. :eek: Legend! _O_

Too early to celebrate:p:D

TRENDING THREADS