• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 101 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
maxmartin said:
Nibali's form is picking up rapidly !:D

Yeah he is definitely seems to be stepping it up. Although most of his vuelta rivals werent at Burgos so its hard to tell how guys like valverde, purito, uran, henao etc.. are doing in comparison.

Watching how Nibali prepares the last 2/3 years. I've noticed in prep races he often attacks like crazy and then (eventually) blows. But with really massive accelerations. He used to be more of a tempo climber/follower before 2011. But now schooled himself to be more attacking and be able to go with accelerations

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Watching how Nibali prepares the last 2/3 years. I've noticed in prep races he often attacks like crazy and then (eventually) blows. But with really massive accelerations. He used to be more of a tempo climber/follower before 2011. But now schooled himself to be more attacking and be able to go with accelerations

I agree I first started noticing that in the tdf 12, and especially in the Giro this year. It's cool to see Nibali keeps progressing more and more.

maxmartin said:
I actually he is telling the truth, simply because he desires Worlds much more than Vuelta. He may as well just use Vuelta as his final tuning prep. But if everything falls into his hand, he will take Vuelta gladly.:D
I hope he replicates what he did in Trentino, and LBL. The only two things that can stop him are his current form and motivation to win this GT.

IMO: Putting too many eggs in one basket is silly 'stoopid'.

TRENDING THREADS