• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 119 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Froome
Quintana
Purito
Valverde
Horner
6th Nibali

this is the value chart for 2013

Froome and Quintana are not discutable
He barely beats Purito and Valverde, both with TDF in their legs
Horner beats him

I must say he's going down, at least in 2012 he was 3rd

Something is not right at Astana

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Vino attacks everyone said:
trolling right?

no, cold hard facts

if you want to discuss his 6th position (imo) please go ahead, i'm interested in what proves that he is better than the first 5 guys i mentioned in front of him

also, imo he's going backwards instead of progressing, which is weird for his age

p.s. his giro 2013 shows hes better than Uran and Evans in awful meteo conditions, but only that.

EnacheV said:
no, cold hard facts

if you want to discuss his 6th position (imo) please go ahead, i'm interested in what proves that he is better than the first 5 guys i mentioned in front of him

also, imo he's going backwards instead of progressing, which is weird for his age

1. He was clearly at his strongest thisMay (this was confirmed by Martinelli last week who said Nibali still was 20 watts behind what he could handle in the giro)

2. He just beat JRod and Valverde in a route that suits them perfectly (Little tts, very steep gradients in the mountians, and not a single dowhill that could make any difference at all in the gc)

3. It is not like Nibali had a perfect preperation either (referencing you in the stage thread here) he was back and forth to Kazakhstan for a freakin month after the rgiro. Before he could start his preperation for the Vuelta in July, while being overweight and totally out of form in tour of Poland.

4. His main goal after the giro is and was the WC all along...

1. He was clearly at his strongest thisMay (this was confirmed by Martinelli last week who said Nibali still was 20 watts behind what he could handle in the giro)

2. He just beat JRod and Valverde in a route that suits them perfectly (Little tts, very steep gradients in the mountians, and not a single dowhill that could make any difference at all in the gc)

3. It is not like Nibali had a perfect preperation either (referencing you in the stage thread here) he was back and forth to Kazakhstan for a freakin month after the rgiro. Before he could start his preperation for the Vuelta in July, while being overweight and totally out of form in tour of Poland.

4. His main goal after the giro is and was the WC all along...

Don't feed the troll.

OMFG!!! I just watched the recording. Lo Squalo you have the Grinta and Heart of a Champion!!!! I am ashamed I doubted you.....some are born with greatness apparent, others start at a slow burn. You Lo Squalo have stamped yourself with greatness today. Defeat tells more about a man than easy victory.

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately in May he didn't had who to beat, i give him that he is better than Uran and Evans, but i can't conclude anything extra

He barely beats Jrod and Valverde who both come after TdF, the biggest race that Nibali didn't attend

Horner just beat him 1vs1

Tbh i was expecting a clear victory from him, the field was pretty thin and the main opponents tired.

Just extract the TT and you have a clear picture of how mediocre he was

Probably is discutable if Valverde is better than him in 2013, lets say he is 5th after Froome, Quintana, Purito and Horner. Still worse than 2012

This Worlds goal , i don't buy it, i think it was only PR, he targeted Vuelta but didn't come out full, to save face in case things go wrong.

If he wins the worlds ill give him no1 position, tied with Froome. Till than he is 5-6th for me.

Add edit : probably i should wait a few days with the cold truth, i understand is a very sad day for Nibali fans, when he was beated by a 42y old, and feelings must be hurtin :D

EnacheV said:
Froome
Quintana
Purito
Valverde
Horner
6th Nibali

this is the value chart for 2013

Froome and Quintana are not discutable
He barely beats Purito and Valverde, both with TDF in their legs
Horner beats him

I must say he's going down, at least in 2012 he was 3rd

Something is not right at Astana

This post is full of s*ht but this bolded part made me this irl

HAHAHAHAHA.jpg

enachev said:
unfortunately in may he didn't had who to beat, i give him that he is better than uran and evans, but i can't conclude anything extra

he barely beats jrod and valverde who both come after tdf, the biggest race that nibali didn't attend

horner just beat him 1vs1

tbh i was expecting a clear victory from him, the field was pretty thin and the main opponents tired.

Just extract the tt and you have a clear picture of how mediocre he was

probably is discutable if valverde is better than him in 2013, lets say he is 5th after froome, quintana, purito and horner. Still worse than 2012

this worlds goal , i don't buy it, i think it was only pr, he targeted vuelta but didn't come out full, to save face in case things go wrong.

If he wins the worlds ill give him no1 position, tied with froome. Till than he is 5-6th for me.

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Carols said:
Ask me how little I care what you think? Nevermind I won't answer cause I put trolls on ignore :D

ask me how much i care about what you care :D

just a little wake up call for the "legend" that was created around a Nibali who didn't beat anyone relevant this year.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Carols said:
OMFG!!! I just watched the recording. Lo Squalo you have the Grinta and Heart of a Champion!!!! I am ashamed I doubted you.....some are born with greatness apparent, others start at a slow burn. You Lo Squalo have stamped yourself with greatness today. Defeat tells more about a man than easy victory.

I never had any doubt that he would give his all to try to win!!!:D

Yeah that was exciting, on the other hand had he played it cool and marked Horner and managed to stay on his wheel, he could have won the Vuelta....we'll never know of course.

EnacheV said:
ask me how much i care about what you care :D

just a little wake up call for the "legend" that was created around a Nibali who didn't beat anyone relevant this year.

Well I hate to kick a man when he's down, but yes, this Vuelta does put back Nibali's crushing of the Giro into perspective (can't keep up with a rested 42 year old and barely edges out two guys who gave it all they had in the TDF, see where Froome was last year)...as I posted before I don't think Nibali has really improved since the 2012 TDF, possibly a bit in ITTs. An exciting racer but not a GT winner when decent competition is around.

webvan said:
An exciting racer but not a GT winner when decent competition is around.

This is an insane thing to say about a rider with six GT podiums and two wins since 2010. He will go into every GT he rides over the next couple of years as the top favourite, unless a Sky cyborg is there and in bionic form or unless Contador miraculously recovers his old form.

He's one of the handful or riders whose presence determines that there's "decent competition" in the first place. And it would be big surprise if he never wins another GT. How many GTs does he have to assemble before you accept that he's a real GT winner? Two evidently isn't enough. How about three? Four?

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Zinoviev Letter said:
This is an insane thing to say about a rider with six GT podiums and two wins since 2010. He will go into every GT he rides over the next couple of years as the top favourite, unless a Sky cyborg is there and in bionic form or unless Contador miraculously recovers his old form.

He's one of the handful or riders whose presence determines that there's "decent competition" in the first place. And it would be big surprise if he never wins another GT. How many GTs does he have to assemble before you accept that he's a real GT winner? Two evidently isn't enough. How about three? Four?

Nibali, as a GT rider in the current era, is now second only to Froome. I think he put significant effort in throughout this Vuelta. I can't see him winning the WC though.

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Vincenzo Nibali ‏@VincenzoNibali 1 m
Today I gave heart and soul to fight like a Lion! Sometimes you win sometimes you lose but it's more important to ride honorably to the end!

Like a true hero

Unlike other great talkers saw in TdF 2013, Nibali at least talks less and does more. At least he tried but wasn't enough.

And trying 3-4 times could have endangered his podium position also but he wasn't afraid of that.

Hats off

TRENDING THREADS