• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 270 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Rollthedice said:
huge said:
Jspear said:
Has he done any altitude training yet?

If I'm not mistaken, he said he was gonna have a training camp at altitude just after MSR.

Yes, Slongo said two weeks on Teide. Everything is going according to the plan.

HATMq35.jpg

Re:

indianfanboy said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/report-astana-to-lose-worldtour-licence

will Nibali be able to ride the Tour now ??

If they lose their WT licence, they get a Continental licence AND he stays with Astana, No.

I'm guessing he must have a clause in his contract to move teams if they drop out of the WT, but who could he go to? Lampre? I think they have space for 3 riders so Nibali and a couple of helpers. Not looking good though.

King Boonen said:
indianfanboy said:

If they lose their WT licence, they get a Continental licence AND he stays with Astana, No.

I'm guessing he must have a clause in his contract to move teams if they drop out of the WT, but who could he go to? Lampre? I think they have space for 3 riders so Nibali and a couple of helpers. Not looking good though.

Doubt Lampre could afford him, unless he would accept massively reduced wages. I think they'd definitely be interested in Aru though.

DFA123 said:
King Boonen said:
indianfanboy said:

Doubt Lampre could afford him, unless he would accept massively reduced wages. I think they'd definitely be interested in Aru though.

He may have to if he wants to ride...

Re:

screaming fist said:
Why wouldn't he accept less/close to no salary? Signing a deal for the rest of the year with e.g. Lampre might be his only chance to ride the Tour. 2016 is another story.

I can think of around 4 millions reasons. If he has to leave Astana, then he's not going to get close to that salary again. He may be happy to write off a year, take the money, and move teams in the winter.

Hopefully not, as it would be a shame not to have the defending champ at the Tour. In any case though, I'd be surprised if he wasn't there with Astana.

DFA123 said:
screaming fist said:
Why wouldn't he accept less/close to no salary? Signing a deal for the rest of the year with e.g. Lampre might be his only chance to ride the Tour. 2016 is another story.

I can think of around 4 millions reasons. If he has to leave Astana, then he's not going to get close to that salary again. He may be happy to write off a year, take the money, and move teams in the winter.

Hopefully not, as it would be a shame not to have the defending champ at the Tour. In any case though, I'd be surprised if he wasn't there with Astana.

If he's smart, there's a clause in his contract where he can move teams and Astana pick up the short fall...

This is utterly ridiculous, withdrawing the license in April, when the racing season is well underway and just a month before the Giro.

Anyway, even without a WT license, I'm pretty sure the Giro organizers would grant them a wildcard. Different story for TdF, which almost certainly they wouldn't be able to take part in.

I'm curious to know what are Nibali's contract details. If in such a situation he is allowed to end it.

Re:

huge said:
This is utterly ridiculous, withdrawing the license in April, when the racing season is well underway and just a month before the Giro.

Anyway, even without a WT license, I'm pretty sure the Giro organizers would grant them a wildcard. Different story for TdF, which almost certainly they wouldn't be able to take part in.

I'm curious to know what are Nibali's contract details. If in such a situation he is allowed to end it.

They cannot. World Tour and Pro-Continental teams only and the new article suggests they will only be allowed to apply for a Continental licence.

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Re:

huge said:

Unlike Kutasha was never given the license in the first place, Astana was awarded the license. Normally during the appealing process, Astana is still a world Tour team, in theory Astana should still automatically get invited to any GT during this time period until CAS gives out the final ruling which most likely CAS will favor Astana because of the grossly unjust procedure taken by the UCI.

Re: Nibali discussion thread

Rollthedice said:
sir fly said:
DBotero said:
It will be really bad if Nibali can't defend his title,i was expecting an epic battle with Froome and Contador :(
More like an epic battle with Froome and Quintana.

More like an epic battle with Quintana.
I'm really hoping the story won't come down on a sole character or two.
Would be disappointing after a year long expectations.

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
"The audit does not directly investigate anti-doping violations. Instead its parametres and conclusions are inspired by interactionist work originally established by American sociologists."

LMAO.

TRENDING THREADS