• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 300 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I didn't see any bottle being thrown. I thought Froome was a little farther location to Nibali (can't see since he is off the camera). But his anger to me is a sign that he is really under pressure. Crash happens all the time.But when you are in the back foot, you can't afford to have a silly crash happens to you.

Re:

Jelantik said:
I didn't see any bottle being thrown. I thought Froome was a little farther location to Nibali (can't see since he is off the camera). But his anger to me is a sign that he is really under pressure. Crash happens all the time.But when you are in the back foot, you can't afford to have a silly crash happens to you.

Full screen, 1.47. Watch nibbles

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Re:

djpbaltimore said:
But I guess this still this begs the question.... What was nibali apologizing for if not throwing a bidon? Just being angry at him doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Either way, it shouldn't be a big deal.
https://twitter.com/nedboulting/status/619196688251658245
Seems no bidon was thrown, according to @chrisfroome, but there was sounding off and accusation. Think that's it!

Probably the sounding off and accusation

I think the problem is that I first saw the incident on a widescreen HD TV, where the incident is clear when slowed down, so I knew exactly what I was looking for when it came to the video on the internet. If you are able to watch the clip on a widescreen TV, do so.

Re: Re:

huge said:
JRanton said:
Of course Nibali threw it at Froome. Nibali said himself that he was (wrongly) very angry with Froome immediately after the crash and you can see the bidon on the floor right in front of Froome.

Froome then ends up going around to the Astana bus to complain. 2+2 equals 4 in this case.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

The best trolling attempt ever.
It also seems the Nibali threw his bike at Froome and then tried to beat him up.

No trolling. Nibali threw a bidon at Froome. This is totally clear. Froome even told Ned Boulting about it himself but Froome is a gent and didn't wish for it to be made public so a retraction was made.

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

huge said:
JRanton said:
Of course Nibali threw it at Froome. Nibali said himself that he was (wrongly) very angry with Froome immediately after the crash and you can see the bidon on the floor right in front of Froome.

Froome then ends up going around to the Astana bus to complain. 2+2 equals 4 in this case.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

It also seems the Nibali threw his bike at Froome and then tried to beat him up.

Apart from those delusions, Nibali and Froome were angry at each other, blaming one another for the fall, obviously in the heat of the moment and before seeing the TV images. Then Froome headed for the Astana team bus to straight things up with Nibali who apologized for accusing Froome of the fall.

:confused: You mean Froome blamed Nibali for the fall? News to me. Any proof?

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

JRanton said:
huge said:
JRanton said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

No trolling. Nibali threw a bidon at Froome. This is totally clear. Froome even told Ned Boulting about it himself but Froome is a gent and didn't wish for it to be made public so a retraction was made.
cool story, strangely it was only seen on British widescreen hd televisions,
Were the rest of the world scrambled?

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Re:

el_angliru said:
HD image:
http://i.imgur.com/3f5WcOq.jpg

Froome is still on his bike at this point (at the top of the frame). Apparently he stopped a bit later but I think he's too far from Nibali for any incident to have happened between the two? Unless it happened at a later stage.

Not sure about that.

Watch at 3:32-3:33, you see Froome and a teammate just ahead of Martin, Kwia et al.

http://www.biciciclismo.com/es/tour-el-triunfo-de-stybar-y-la-caida-final-video-09-07-2015

TRENDING THREADS