• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 623 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Osvmy94.png

Vincenzo: Hey Remco; check out my trophy cabinet!
Remco: Hmmm...very nice. An almost complete palmares! But I only see one Giro trophy. And I know you have won many, many races, but this is a large and heavy looking trophy; just where is your second Giro hidden?
Vincenzo: Yes, it is an impressive monument. But you just need to look a little closer....

WHAM! BAM! KAPOW!

Not sure if mere voodoo will work on this kid. Might be the only way he is going to crack.

From the Giro perspective nothing changes much after Remco's Poland raid, by now we all know what he's capable of. What we don't know is how can he handle three weeks with an infernal third one. It will be interesting next week to see both go head to head in Lombardia. Before, on Wednesday he'll start Gran Piemonte.

Last edited:
From the Giro perspective nothing changes much after Remco's Poland raid, by now we all know what he's capable of. What we don't know is how can he handle three weeks with an infernal third one. It will be interesting next week to see both go head to head in Lombardia. Before, on Wednesday he'll start Gran Piemonte.
Not sure if the likely start list quality is high quality enough to make that third week brutally hard, though. Maybe, maybe not.

Here's the team for GdL:

Bauke Mollema (NED)
Vincenzo Nibali (ITA)
Giulio Ciccone (ITA)
Gianluca Brambilla (ITA)
Koen de Kort (NED)
Nicola Conci (ITA)
Jacopo Mosca (ITA)

Directors: Adriano Baffi (ITA), Paolo Slongo (ITA).

Bauke will wear number one. Nibali from Trek Segafredo website:

"Now, I have less than five days of competition. Although the feeling at Milano-Sanremo was good, there are still too many variables to take into account for Saturday.

It's really difficult to have a clear idea of what the race might be like, but we knew that also before the restart. That said, on Saturday I feel confident I can have a good race. At Milano-Sanremo I lacked a bit of sharpness, but the signals on the condition confirmed to me that I am in the right direction. Also, let's not forget that with me there will be a well-equipped team. I believe that together we can implement a common strategy."

Reactions: Sandisfan
He needs to tone down the voodoo.
Jokes aside...he was okay today but it feels like he was in a better shape in march. Maybe it just isn´t easy to peak for classics in mid august when he wants to be at his best in october. He certainly looks better than Carapaz. And if there is one rider that usually knows how to peak late in the season it is Nibali.
On a side note: I really hope that his teammates will pay him back for the work that he did in the italian one day races. You won´t find many riders with his palmares that (even on a bad day or in mediocre shape) are willing to sacrify their own ambitions for a younger rider like Ciccone.

Jokes aside...he was okay today but it feels like he was in a better shape in march. Maybe it just isn´t easy to peak for classics in mid august when he wants to be at his best in october. He certainly looks better than Carapaz. And if there is one rider that usually knows how to peak late in the season it is Nibali.
On a side note: I really hope that his teammates will pay him back for the work that he did in the italian one day races. You won´t find many riders with his palmares that (even on a bad day or in mediocre shape) are willing to sacrify their own ambitions for a younger rider like Ciccone.

Vincenzo has Always been a team player.

He was the strongest Trek rider on the Muro, but had cramps on the Civiglio climb, so he did the right thing and worked for his teammates. You'd never see Aru doing something like that...

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS