• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 711 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Tuttobiciweb reports that Vincenzo Nibali has a serene and calm look in France.

"I have beautiful memories of the 2008 Tour, that also started from Brittany. It was my first Tour and I even managed to wear the white jersey. For me that experience was memorable. I remember perfectly the emotion of the last stage in Paris, very beautiful".

"We will figure out my opportunities to go after stages day by day, step by step. If the condition assists me, in my head there is the will to try already in the first stages. I haven't raced since the Giro, except for the Italian championship. I myself need to have some feedback, to compare myself with the rest of the group. From there I'll be able to better calibrate my objectives, understand if it's better to wait for the mountains or try right away. The goal is to hit some important breakaways or to look for action in the final of the stages".

"I don't know yet how my tour will end, if it will end before Paris, because everything will depend on Tokyo. In the case that the call-up arrives, we could consider interrupting the Tour earlier to fly to Japan. The Tokyo project started a few years ago. Clearly for me to be called up and to be able to support the Italian cause would be very important, it would be an honor. After the Giro, I was able to recover and already show a good condition at the Italian Championships. As I said, I'm here at the Tour not for the GC but to aim at the stages. The Tour for me is an investment also in view of the Olympics. Then, when the time comes, I'll talk to Cassani and we'll understand his decision for Tokyo"

tenor.gif

TRENDING THREADS