• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 731 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
2022 Monument Domino Theory
Monuments.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
Johnny Carera, Nibali's agent (and Pogacar's) suffered a bad accident on a highway in Italy when his Porsche collided with a lorry with Polish plates, which was driving on the wrong side of the freeway. The collision between the two vehicles was very violent, some witnesses said, and the 56-year-old Swiss man was trapped in his car; the fire brigade had to intervene to free him. He is now in intensive care in a hospital in Milan in serious condition.

Giro + Tour it is (sigh)
it says here in italiano
Nibali returns to race Giro and Tour in the same season after three years ...

Giro + Tour it is (sigh)
it says here in italiano
Nibali returns to race Giro and Tour in the same season after three years ...
What was this year then?

Makes no sense for doing TDF but I would love to see him win a stage there.

Better to do Vuelta to give form for World championships and Lombardia.

Giro makes sense. But to target podium there is a bit unrealistic anyway, without the the fact that he does extra monuments in the spring.

Better for him at this stage of his career to go for one day races. Strade, Sanremo, Ronde, Roubaix, Liege, Worlds, Lombardy. Getting a giro stage would be nice, peaking for the Tour makes no sense.

Nibali and Moscon to drill it for Lutsenko on the cobbles stage. I assume he's at the Giro to hold MAL's hand on the technical descents...
I just wanna see him and Moscon (and maybe also Lutsenko) go crazy in one day races.
Nibali will start the season in Valenciana, then Tirreno, MSR and TOTA before Giro-Tour, the article doesn't mention any other one day races...:(
https://www.tuttobiciweb.it/article...an-nibali-giro-tour-moscon-capitano-classiche

Hopefully Vincenzo knows what he is doing. I am still sour about the training crash before this year's Giro because even with that injury he was still way more lively than last year. Still, it's unrealistic to think he will challenge for the GC. One day races should be his priority now. I still don't get it how he has never done well in Strade.

Doing the Tour would raise question marks. On the other hand, he would love his name to be written on one of the 21 switchbacks on Alpe d'Huez and why not? The last few winners on that mountain have been a bit underwhelming for my taste.

Nibali and Moscon to drill it for Lutsenko on the cobbles stage. I assume he's at the Giro to hold MAL's hand on the technical descents...
I just wanna see him and Moscon (and maybe also Lutsenko) go crazy in one day races.
Nibali will start the season in Valenciana, then Tirreno, MSR and TOTA before Giro-Tour, the article doesn't mention any other one day races...:(
https://www.tuttobiciweb.it/article...an-nibali-giro-tour-moscon-capitano-classiche
All the talks and interviews about the classics was trolling us :rolleyes:

In the end he's wasting another season to finish 15th in the GC of the Giro...

I'm sensing another season of memes >>>>>> wins.
Scrap plans to do flanders and roubaix because team tell him no

Do nothing in strade and tirreno
Finish 8th in Sanremo
Flirt with the top 10 in Trentino.
Place an early attack at Liege that decides the race but finishes outside the top 10
Finish 7th overall in the giro and fail to win a stage
Get in 6 breakaway in the tour and get beaten by riders under 26 each time.
Season fades away after that, show good signs for lombardia but finish 9th.
1 year contract extension to do the same in 2023.

He will not win the Tour.
In 2014, we were 2 years into the British/Ineos dominance. In 2012 the Brits had won their first TdF going 1 and 2 in GC. In 2013 the new GT star had the GC locked up after the first mountain stage, winning it by many minutes while the older Brit didn't even finish the Tour. That older Brit won Olympic TT gold in London. In 2014, Vincenzo Nibali won the Tour de France.

In 2022, we'll be 2 years into UAE/Slovenian dominance. In 2020 the Slovenians won their first TdF going 1 and 2 in GC, and in 2021 the new Slovenian superstar had the GC locked up after the first mountain stage winning it by minutes while the older Slovenian didn't finish the Tour. That older Slovenian won Olympic ITT gold in 2021.

Time is a flat circle. In 2022, Vincenzo Nibali will win the Tour de France once more.

In 2014, we were 2 years into the British/Ineos dominance. In 2012 the Brits had won their first TdF going 1 and 2 in GC. In 2013 the new GT star had the GC locked up after the first mountain stage, winning it by many minutes while the older Brit didn't even finish the Tour. That older Brit won Olympic TT gold in London. In 2014, Vincenzo Nibali won the Tour de France.

In 2022, we'll be 2 years into UAE/Slovenian dominance. In 2020 the Slovenians won their first TdF going 1 and 2 in GC, and in 2021 the new Slovenian superstar had the GC locked up after the first mountain stage winning it by minutes while the older Slovenian didn't finish the Tour. That older Slovenian won Olympic ITT gold in 2021.

Time is a flat circle. In 2022, Vincenzo Nibali will win the Tour de France once more.

No.

TRENDING THREADS