• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 733 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Ha, Nibali will NOT do Roubaix this April… That was clear… :-(

He is a great rider, which I always respected. But in this case, what he did is just bulls*it.

Talk some cr*p about the classics, „Bla, bla, bla, I‘m doing Roubaix“, and then, in February, he decides not to do Roubaix. Why has he even announced it? I was so happy to see him doing Roubaix this year, and now I‘m so sad and disappointed. Now I realize it was all a PR joke. We, as his fans (as a cycling fan, you HAVE TO be a Nibali fan), and the ASO as the company of Roubaix, now got disappointed - and ASO don‘t deserve that.

This is a really sad story. Nibali is such an honest guy - now, you cannot even trust HIS word any more. Sad for the community of cycling.

Suddenly, Cancellara came to my mind: he repeatedly talked about doing Liege and Lombardia to win, and not even once did Liege and Lombardia. I thought Nibali was more serious about his plans of doing Roubaix, and was bitterly disappointed today… :-( cry

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Ha, Nibali will NOT do Roubaix this April… That was clear… :-(

He is a great rider, which I always respected. But in this case, what he did is just bulls*it.

Talk some cr*p about the classics, „Bla, bla, bla, I‘m doing Roubaix“, and then, in February, he decides not to do Roubaix. Why has he even announced it? I was so happy to see him doing Roubaix this year, and now I‘m so sad and disappointed. Now I realize it was all a PR joke. We, as his fans (as a cycling fan, you HAVE TO be a Nibali fan), and the ASO as the company of Roubaix, now got disappointed - and ASO don‘t deserve that.

This is a really sad story. Nibali is such an honest guy - now, you cannot even trust HIS word any more. Sad for the community of cycling.

Suddenly, Cancellara came to my mind: he repeatedly talked about doing Liege and Lombardia to win, and not even once did Liege and Lombardia. I thought Nibali was more serious about his plans of doing Roubaix, and was bitterly disappointed today… :-( cry
Ok, so your leading me to believe that ASO and the whole cycling community number one focus in P-R would've been Nibali, as to watch him nonstop instead of WVA or MVDP and DNF. Also, Nibali is still honest. He probably wanted to have a level of form in the Giro, which is difficult if you ride both Ardennes and the Spring Classics, you would probably be way too tired.

Reactions: Carols
Ok, so your leading me to believe that ASO and the whole cycling community number one focus in P-R would've been Nibali, as to watch him nonstop instead of WVA or MVDP and DNF. Also, Nibali is still honest. He probably wanted to have a level of form in the Giro, which is difficult if you ride both Ardennes and the Spring Classics, you would probably be way too tired.

OK, agree… :)

But I‘m still sad… I hope to see an even better Nibali at the Giro, then… :)

I said it before, he trolled us and he's going to do a freaking altitude training block to be dropped by 30 riders on Roche aux Faucons and then proceed to get a 15th place in the GC at the Giro and being dropped by average riders in breakaways at the Tour. Now he says classics in 2023 but in a year time we'll be here complaining about him going again for the GC at the Giro, at 50 he will still go for the GC at the Giro...

TRENDING THREADS