• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 738 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
He was building form in the Giro della Sicilia, but it remains to be seen, given his less than ideal buildup thus far, if he can be in the run for the win. Still, wherever he is on Astana with Beppe the magic happens. With Pogacar out, the race opens up a bit more, but there are still Alaphilippe, Van Aert, perhaps Evenepoel, among others to contend with.

Reactions: Sandisfan
He was building form in the Giro della Sicilia, but it remains to be seen, given his less than ideal buildup thus far, if he can be in the run for the win. Still, wherever he is on Astana with Beppe the magic happens. With Pogacar out, the race opens up a bit more, but there are still Alaphilippe, Van Aert, perhaps Evenepoel, among others to contend with.

Realistically there is zero chance if it comes down to RoF which is most likely what will happen. This doesn't mean that I'm not still dreaming of a an epic sprint finish between Nibali and Evenepoel after they sneak away on La Redoute.

Realistically there is zero chance if it comes down to RoF which is most likely what will happen. This doesn't mean that I'm not still dreaming of a an epic sprint finish between Nibali and Evenepoel after they sneak away on La Redoute.
I think Vincenzo only chance is that he makes it over the Rauche ou Faucons at the back of the select group and then attacks the group in the rolling sections or downhill afterwards. But even this is extremely unlikely. Just would be happy to see him at the front of the race.

TRENDING THREADS