• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 762 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Since it is most likely these are the last months we will see Nibali riding his bike on the road in the pro peloton and the Vuelta is approaching fast, I'm trying to keep the hype up. At least until Lagunas de Neila tomorrow.

Nibali is the rider with most podiums in Giro/Vuelta doubles, three in 2010, 2013 and 2017.
Lets see if he can manage a ”MTB-podium” double 2022. I am positive, it seems his preparations so far are free from trouble which hasn’t been the case since 2019.

Last week there was a very interesting edition of SqualoTV on twitch with Nibali, Pozzo and Purito. Unfortunately it's in Italian but I managed to understand some. Purito is a great guy (we knew that), he was willing to share candidly some insights from a few of his dramatic loses like Firenze ("If it would have come to that I would have preferred to lose to Vincenzo") and Fuente De ("Everything fell into the wrong place then.") and his Lombardia wins.

Nibali just finished his first race since coming down from training camp in Livigno, Prueba Villafranca and he said there was a money prize for breaking the record of the fastest ascent to a climb on the circuit. The record was held by Sanchez, obviously Yates bested it by a few seconds and Nibs said that on one of the climbs he recorded 500 W for 5 minutes. Just some nice unusual info.

Is it a new channel cause I can only see a few videos?

It once again enforces my view Nibali would be much more hype if he spoke like 2 words of English

• Wow
Reactions: Ilmaestro99
Is it a new channel cause I can only see a few videos?

It once again enforces my view Nibali would be much more hype if he spoke like 2 words of English

They must have taken down the previous episodes, I can only see now the latest with Bennati and the one with Elisa Longo Borghini.

He can do more than two words in English, the sentences are harder. Apparently he is getting better in Spanish. Lots of "muy, muy" in Burgos, he's ready for Vuelta.

astana-kK3D-U44018995462313uD-528x329@Gazzetta-Web_528x329.jpg

Some words before the Vuelta:

"I am calmer than ever. I have no pressure. I've given myself a kind of slogan: I take everything seriously, but lightly. I'm fine, physically and mentally. I don't feel like I have to do who knows what, I don't have to prove anything. But the mark, I want to leave it. Of course I do."

"I'm not thinking about the overall classification, rather about grabbing a stage win. In the Giro I missed it. It could have come in Turin, but they marked me so much while Yates, who was not in the classification, they didn't even look at him."

"Let's see the first few days. Maybe not right away (get out of GC). I will try to be there with the best, but if I can't, no drama"

And a picture from the days of better legs.

I know how to spell, it's a typo mistake

Cycling ability, pidcock cannot do what vincenzo can do, and pidcock is an arrogant guy, he doesn't even say thankyou when pinarello makes him a custom bike.

I am no anti british

Such crap ...Tom Pidcock is a lovely guy

I love the Shark but in cycling ability Pidcock is super
MTB and Cycle cross world and Olympic champion
First GT he wins on Alp D'Heuz and can descend like no one
And he hasn't even concentrated on road racing yet

You know nothing about class

Such crap ...Tom Pidcock is a lovely guy

I love the Shark but in cycling ability Pidcock is super
MTB and Cycle cross world and Olympic champion
First GT he wins on Alp D'Heuz and can descend like no one
And he hasn't even concentrated on road racing yet

You know nothing about class
Did you met pidcock?

I know somebody that did and he was very rude. Maybe I am wrong and too quick to judge but he doesn't seem polite

Anyway he could not win 4 grand tour and sanremo and 2x lombardia like shark

TRENDING THREADS