• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 765 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
What do people talk about in tennis forums? Do they dissect sets as people here analyze races, or is it just comparing players' stats and arguing over who's better?
New thread for every opinion mellow opinion. Big 3 wars in the majority of active threads. Player threads are much less of a thing so there's not many old ongiong threads.

And so many hypotheticals its dumb.

Reactions: Lui98 and Sandisfan
The lows and highs of Vincenzo Nibali. After being kicked out of Vuelta in 2015, he went on to rule the Italian fall classics, second place Agostoni, first Bernocchi, third Memorial Pantani, fifth GP Prato, first Tre Valli, first Lombardia.

Now:

"With this Agostoni I think I have sent a good signal for Lombardy especially to myself. The leg responded very well, now it will be necessary to see how it will turn over the next few days; the Tre Valli Varesine will be the key test. It is a race that I love and have already won, there are many more climbs that will be a good challenge. But then Lombardia will be a different story, there are even harder climbs and the mileage is different."

The good old days, Tre Valli Varesine:

Do they have a “clinic” sub forum or do most simply pretend —like the media and general public—that there couldn’t pissibly be PEDs in tennis?
Pretty sure the clinic is only a CN thing. But IMO it's not as head in the sand as you might think, quite some people that think 'Clinic everywehre' but this is probably more common in places like forums where you have huge fans of the sport rather than casual fans who can be turned off from a sport based on that and need to believe its not clinic.

Reactions: Sciatic
The lows and highs of Vincenzo Nibali. After being kicked out of Vuelta in 2015, he went on to rule the Italian fall classics, second place Agostoni, first Bernocchi, third Memorial Pantani, fifth GP Prato, first Tre Valli, first Lombardia.

Now:

"With this Agostoni I think I have sent a good signal for Lombardy especially to myself. The leg responded very well, now it will be necessary to see how it will turn over the next few days; the Tre Valli Varesine will be the key test. It is a race that I love and have already won, there are many more climbs that will be a good challenge. But then Lombardia will be a different story, there are even harder climbs and the mileage is different."

The good old days, Tre Valli Varesine:

Wow, I didn't take much notice of one day races in 2015: that was some fine run of form!

(About the attack at 3.5 km to go) "That was the only way I could try anything, Movistar had a great team. Mas took charge of the whole group to launch Valverde; the race had a crazy speed, from start to finish."

"This race was definitely a good sign for Saturday. In the final I was there to contest it."

"Of course, in a race like this, seeing so many riders come in the sprint means that they are all doing very well (laughs, ed.)"

Basso:

'The other day we met again and we talked for two hours. I found the same Nibali from ten years ago. More of a man but the same person. In the 2010 Giro, we got a glimpse of what he was capable of. He was talented, but not quite mature. More than anything else you could see that his potential was incredible. He was not the new Felice Gimondi. He was Nibali."

Wiggo:

"When I hear the name Nibali, I realize that I was able to share the podium with a rider whom I consider one of the greats of the sport. And especially an Italian who, having won all three grand tours, belongs in the same category as such giants of Italian cycling as Fausto Coppi, Francesco Moser, Marco Pantani, Giuseppe Saronni and Felice Gimondi. Vincenzo, it was a privilege to share the road with you. Without you, cycling loses something, and not a little."

Contador:

"Without a doubt, he is one of my biggest rivals during my career. Vincenzo was complicated to deal with: he could attack you uphill, downhill, or on the flat. He was brave, cycling needs such a person. (One victory stands out head and shoulders above the rest.) The victory in Milan-San Remo, who would have thought he was capable of that? I believe most of his great successes have been achieved thanks to his aggressiveness in the race. Without fear, believing in your own abilities."

Valverde:

"Of all the photos we are in together, the final podium of the 2016 Giro is the most beautiful. Vincenzo won with an amazing comeback and I finished third in my best ever participation. We shared joy and disappointments, fun but also suffering because suffering is part of cycling."

"We were rivals on the bike, but once off the bike everything changed. We are friends and respect each other. Our last races were necessarily meant to coincide, but it had to be this way. I'm happy because we both still have a good level and we hope to prove it one last time at Lombardy. Vincenzo is one of those who left a mark for what they did, one of those who will always be remembered. It is an honor to have lived in his time."

https://www.indeleiderstrui.nl/wiel...valverde-loven-mythische-loopbaan-van-de-haai

TRENDING THREADS