• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
maxmartin said:
WTF
Porte dropped on every major climb last year is invincible in front the peloton after only 12 months.He closed the gap effortlessly. Well done SKY swimming raining.

Vincenzo I am sorry. I am afraid you can't win this unfair fight.:mad:

If your're going to make posts like this after every stage can you at least keep it to the clinic

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Climeon said:
If your're going to make posts like this after every stage can you at least keep it to the clinic

did you see it after every stage?

and to your question, no I am not going to make it every stage I am already numb. And glad you think it will happen every stage!

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Michele said:
Nibali during the past days's interviews always showed to be very confident and calm and today it showed it on race mode!
Chapeu to him for bringing some madness in this boring Tour.

yep brave try today:D

whittashau said:
I know Agnoli is going with him to Astana, so that's one attacker to help with Vincenzo's crazy descent attacks, but does Astana have many good descenders on their books at the moment? I know Roman is good, but he's leaving isn't he?Gasparotto and Maxim are both pretty good going downhill, right? But I'm guessing not on the same level as Capecchi and Sagan?

Brajkovic is amongst the better descenders there is and as you say we got Gaspa, Maxim there too. Noone quite on the levle of Sagan though

cineteq said:
The thing is he has to play to his strengths where he has the potential to gain minutes, and if he couldn't do it today, it's less likely he can gain massive time in other stages. That's why I think it was a good move. However he started late on the descent, I thought Sagan was already pulled back and he didn't have any luck finding good breakaway riders, so he found himself in no-man's land on the last climb.

If he would've tried in the last descent he would've been caught as he was in the Dauphiné, since it wasn't steep, technical and not long enough.

Brave move by a man with B*LLS!!!! If Basso and Szymd could apply any pressure they would have? Almost useless :(

Like Tejay, what has he done for Cadel???? All he does is fight for the white... :(

Nibs is trying to Win, if he loses well he will have given it his best shot, Chapeau! If Cadel and others had had the B*LLS to go with him we'd be saying what a Brilliant move. But he couldn't do it alone :(

Still RESPECT for being an attacker and animator even if it didn't work. Sure beats trying to get 2 seconds like Cadel IMO.

Hope he doesn't pay for it tomorrow!

Carols said:
Brave move by a man with B*LLS!!!! If Basso and Szymd could apply any pressure they would have? Almost useless :(
No regrets! Did you know he was just 2 Km from the last descent when he was caught? If, if, if... :(

Yeah tomorrow we'll know if those domestiques are good enough to help The Shark.

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Did you guys hear what Wiggings did when Nibali was caught back??

When Nibali was caught Wiggins made a gesture with his hand to Nibali shaking his finger. Kinda like 'don't do this again, don't attack again on the decent'...

Wiggins is such a ****ing **** but **** like that won't intimidate Nibali that's for sure!

Edit: Heard it actually happened at the finish..

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Carols said:

Like Tejay, what has he done for Cadel???? All he does is fight for the white... :(

Nibs is trying to Win, if he loses well he will have given it his best shot, Chapeau! If Cadel and others had had the B*LLS to go with him we'd be saying what a Brilliant move. But he couldn't do it alone :(

Still RESPECT for being an attacker and animator even if it didn't work. Sure beats trying to get 2 seconds like Cadel IMO.

Hope he doesn't pay for it tomorrow!

no offense to Cadel but not very unimpressive so far. He said he would try to take time at tomorrow stage. But I doubt anyone can escape the SKY train. If tomorrow Basso and Syzmed still could not get their acts together for Nibali, I will give up hope on them permanently.

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
webbie146 said:

When Nibali was caught Wiggins made a gesture with his hand to Nibali shaking his finger. Kinda like 'don't do this again, don't attack again on the decent'...

Wiggins is such a ****ing **** but **** like that won't intimidate Nibali that's for sure!

Lol, it sounded funny.

webbie146 said:

Wiggo may be strong, but he is a jerk. Starting to remind me of an unmentionable Texan.

Wait until he runs into Contador's accelerations LOL. But Alberto has to much class to be engaging in a mouth and shaking fingers.

Hopefully the gesture just stiffens Nibs resolve! He will keep trying, it's who he is Bless his attacking heart :)

May 19, 2011
Visit site
webbie146 said:

that is what I heard too.Supposedly Wiggins was angry after he read Nibali's interview about not impressed by him. So today is a good time to revenge a little bit. He is just a d**k!!

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
webbie146 said:

Wiggins is mentally fragile of course. That is very encouraging to Vincenzo when he will keep on attacking him , tomorrow!

TRENDING THREADS