• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Volta a Catalunya 2013 - Stage 4: Llanars → Port Ainé (217 kms)

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Richeypen said:
LMAO

loses a MASSIVE 33 seconds to Jrod and Quintana on a warm up race. :rolleyes: Im sure hell be crying him self to sleep.

fanboy aside, no sky in the top 10 (of GC) with one of their potential better line ups.... If Wiggo will sleep well, i think that sir david will take a deep look at this

Roude Leiw said:
fanboy aside, no sky in the top 10 with one of their potential better line ups.... If Wiggo will sleep well, i think that sir david will take a deep look at this

Why though? Wiggins can afford to lose time in the mountains, especially against guys like Purito. There's what, 77 km of individual ITT and 17 km of TTT in the Giro for him to make inroads in.

Great ride from martin by the sounds of it. Finally living up to the hype?

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
A handful of riders stepped up today. Great show. Exactly what cycling needs.

Chapeau.

This. Just hoping racing stays like this throughout the season and doesn't turn to a train fest.
Props to Nairo, Gesink, VDB and Martin.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Roude Leiw said:
fanboy aside, no sky in the top 10 (of GC) with one of their potential better line ups.... If Wiggo will sleep well, i think that sir david will take a deep look at this

Still Sky didn't have their 3 strongest climbers here. And yes, at this moment I count Porte as strong as Wiggins. So I wouldn't be worried that much as Sky DS.

Froome
Henao
Porte

To TourOfSardinia, post #172,

Thanks for sharing that link to watch the showdown live.

I almost posted Dan Martin for this stage and yesterday's stage #3 but chickened out. It was great to see it. Especially being a Colorado High Country, Garmin Sharp fan.

pastronef said:
links to the next stages profiles?

can Puruti steal the lead with bonif seconds? :(

Irrelevant stage tomorrow, the last two should be very interesting:

volta_17_altimetria_6_etapa_2013-page-001.jpg

volta_15_altimetria_7_etapa_2013-page-001.jpg

Roude Leiw said:
fanboy aside, no sky in the top 10 with one of their potential better line ups.... If Wiggo will sleep well, i think that sir david will take a deep look at this

The team looks weaker than last year but Wiggins still looks strong. He is in the race as a warm up remember and is his first race in anger this season. If this race had a TT Wiggins would still be massive favorite for the win and all would be rosy. He wouldnt have won Romandie or the Dauphine last year without TT and yet look what he did at the Tour.

Tricky Hawes said:
Great win for Birmingham, you mean
I was referring to VDB2 v Gesink, of course.
The Hitch said:
Hes the 5th best climber in the world, and still improving.

I'm pretty sure I know your top 3. Who's 4?

Nice stage today. Loved seeing the guys above having a go early. Skytrain throwing a gear or two early helped, obviously. Great stuff from Danny Boy. Looked like he was about to give birth for the last 10k. :p

Lampre, Sky, Movistar, Katusha fail.

TRENDING THREADS