• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Volta Ciclista a Catalunya 2023, March 20-26

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I'm surprised Rogla is no. 1 favourite by the bookies. I hope they are not wrong, but I wouldn't want to bet on him at those short odds tbh.

On the other hand he has surprised me so many times and yet I keep underrating him despite being a fan. Like I don't believe he can do the treble Giro, Tour, Vuelta this year... A double is a more realistic goal, doesn't matter which one.

Reactions: VayaVayaVaya
I'm surprised Rogla is no. 1 favourite by the bookies. I hope they are not wrong, but I wouldn't want to bet on him at those short odds tbh.

On the other hand he has surprised me so many times and yet I keep underrating him despite being a fan. Like I don't believe he can do the treble Giro, Tour, Vuelta this year... A double is a more realistic goal, doesn't matter which one.
Odds are low because a lot of people will simply look at results, see Tirreno + 3 consecutive stages and decide Roglic is real peak shape again. I don't think he's a favorite over Evenepoel.

5 Stars: Evenepol
4 stars: Roglic, Landa, Ciccone
3 stars: Almida, Yates, Bardet,
2 stars: Hindley, Bernal, Mader, O'connor, Bouchard, Carapax, Træen,
1 stars: Soler, Van Welder, Haig, Poels, Verona, G Martin, Rubio, Chaves, Uran , Cepeda, Woods, Fausto Masnada
Goddamit it's ALMEIDA.

Almeida-1.jpg

And that ranking is propesterous.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
5 Stars: Evenepoel
4 stars: Roglic, Landa, Ciccone
3 stars: Almeida, Yates, Bardet,
2 stars: Hindley, Bernal, Mader, O'connor, Bouchard, Carapaz, Træen,
1 stars: Soler, Van Welder, Haig, Poels, Verona, G Martin, Rubio, Chaves, Uran , Cepeda, Woods, Fausto Masnada
It's a decent ranking besides Landa being 2 or 3 stars rider at the moment, Bardet 4 stars after Paris-Nice, and Ciccone more a 1 star rider.