• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta 2012, Stage 15: La Robla > Lagos de Covadonga (186,5 kms)

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
LaFlorecita said:
How is he gonna get the stage win without dropping Purito? Or is Purito gonna gift him the win? :rolleyes:

He doesn't have to drop Purito to get a stage win. If there is no one else in front, he just has to finish before J-Rod. If Valverde can tag along, they can go 1-2 and Contador would be in the lead while only being a second ahead. Again, this is why Contador needs to team up with Valverde. It's going to benefit them both in the battle against J-Rod.

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't really understand the negativity when Contador attacks and can't do anything with it. Or better yet, when he seemingly attacks in the wrong place. Everybody complains about the Tour being boring...........

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
Who cares? It was still pretty entertaining. You can find faults in pretty much any modern day racing, it comes to a point where you just gotta find the fun where it is.

Err I mean, by all means keep complaining.

Fun? I had dinner and when I came back it was still a large main group with Gesink on the front at 6km to go (for them).

Also

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpost.php?p=1007960&postcount=21

That said, I forgot about Mercado, but the rest let him ride.

But knock yourself out ******* off to 20 second attacks.

peacefultribe said:
I don't really understand the negativity when Contador attacks and can't do anything with it. Or better yet, when he seemingly attacks in the wrong place. Everybody complains about the Tour being boring...........

How does attacking in the wrong places (is he even?..) have anything to do with a race being boring?

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Alberto never just rides a tempo.

But he can't

(I wonder how many times I've written that the last few days.)

Something like last year telegraph is not that far from a tempo ride however. That should be how to do it.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Hey look, it's gesink accelerating...

snail.jpg

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
sultanofhyd said:
The thing is he IS able to drop Purito, it's just that he is getting back. That's why Saxo tried that weird tactic today sending everyone up, they hoped to sustain the gap once Contador attacked but it didn't work.

I think you might be right. Alberto did drop purito, but purito still gets back to him (reminding me the battle between andy and alberto 2010 TDF). Maybe this could be a warm-up for tomorrow's stage, by did it through out the climb to wear purito down? Keep testing purito's mantle for tomorrow's stage perhaps.

If tomorrow purito is still standing like today, wuf.. i think vuelta win will be more more a sure thing..

TRENDING THREADS