• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta 2014 super hype!!

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who wins the Vuelta?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
damian13ster said:
as you probably noticed I dont have an avatar. I dont care about avatars. Not even sure how to put one in. So no incentive for me to do such bet.

I still stand by my opinion.
lol I will guide you or something...you probably dont stand cuz you would accept that.the incentive is that you would win with your knowledge and I would have to have an avatar (which I dont like e.g.) you would pick .

You just cant accept that Quintana will place higher than Froome .

Because of an effort that would make to search for an avatar for you (as you noticed I didnt even look for one for me) or the effort to put it in. In short, I dont care about avatars

I am just a lazy ******* :D

You will see for yourself in Vuelta (if Froome is in form) and next year

edit: damn, censorship is serious on this site

ILovecycling said:
lol I will guide you or something...you probably dont stand cuz you would accept that.the incentive is that you would win with your knowledge and I would have to have an avatar (which I dont like e.g.) you would pick .

You just cant accept that Quintana will place higher than Froome .

If Froome is in alien form I can't see how Quintana can place higher. But I think the Dawg's times are coming to an end so you might have a point.

As much as I'm looking forward to this I'm not sure it is going to tell us much as to who is top dog at the moment out of the 3 (noticed I refrained from using Dawg;)).

Quintana has a GT under his belt and has hardly raced since. Froome should be recovered from his injuries but who knows. No way Contador can be recovered from his injury. I expect Froome to win this over Quintana but would not bet on it.

The big showdown I'm afraid is a year away in France where I hope Nibali also shows.

ps I've just kept this post to the 3, not dissing JRod or any of the young and not so young other pretenders:)

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
well Quintana is the favourite with the bookmakers, but thats probably due to the uncertainties regarding Dawgs form.

If Froome is 100% alien the Quintana has no chance at beating him imo. He would lose maybe 2 minutes in the ITTs and would never be able to drop Dawg in the mountains.

the sceptic said:
well Quintana is the favourite with the bookmakers, but thats probably due to the uncertainties regarding Dawgs form.

If Froome is 100% alien the Quintana has no chance at beating him imo. He would lose maybe 2 minutes in the ITTs and would never be able to drop Dawg in the mountains.

Exactly. Nobody knows on here what form these guys are going to show (sorry, apart from AC, I just can't see him being competitive). If Quintana trounces Froome, it's clear Froome hasn't recovered physically or mentally yet from his injuries. If Froome trounces Quintana, well Quintana isn't in form after peaking for the Giro and not racing since.

Now if JRod trounces everyone, I for one would be a very happy forumer:)

ps I understand your 100% alien quote but obviously in the PRR forum I couldn't possibly comment on it;) And erm, should probably warn you to take such talk elsewhere.

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
yespatterns said:
I'm ready for my next avatar bet --- Contie to do better than Froome. Any takers?

ok mate , il take that bet , this is my very 1st avatar bet and as you can see i am a sky fan so you can take much enjoyment if you beat me . i take it you are not so i hope to find a really nice sky logo for yours .

how long you want this to last , end of year ? till next years tour ? when ?

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
shades1 said:
ok mate , il take that bet , this is my very 1st avatar bet and as you can see i am a sky fan so you can take much enjoyment if you beat me . i take it you are not so i hope to find a really nice sky logo for yours .

Hah, yes not a fan of Froome or sky. New year's eve sounds like good timing. It's on! Now I just have to think of an embarrassing avatar for you when you lose....

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
ferryman said:
Exactly. Nobody knows on here what form these guys are going to show (sorry, apart from AC, I just can't see him being competitive). If Quintana trounces Froome, it's clear Froome hasn't recovered physically or mentally yet from his injuries. If Froome trounces Quintana, well Quintana isn't in form after peaking for the Giro and not racing since.

Now if JRod trounces everyone, I for one would be a very happy forumer:)

ps I understand your 100% alien quote but obviously in the PRR forum I couldn't possibly comment on it;) And erm, should probably warn you to take such talk elsewhere.
yeah thats bad,but we still have watts at least.but yeah,thats a disadvatage of Vuelta.
shades1 said:

Ohh Im looking forward to see a result of this bet,will be interesting between you guys:cool:
I think its yespatterns 2nd ,the first he lost,and had to put there great Evans avi:D

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Rollthedice said:
If Froome is in alien form I can't see how Quintana can place higher. But I think the Dawg's times are coming to an end so you might have a point.

damian13ster said:
Because of an effort that would make to search for an avatar for you (as you noticed I didnt even look for one for me) or the effort to put it in. In short, I dont care about avatars

I am just a lazy ******* :D

You will see for yourself in Vuelta (if Froome is in form) and next year

edit: damn, censorship is serious on this site

the sceptic said:

to those who think Alien would beat Quintana.

Yeah it would be close,cuz of tt (where imo he would gain little over a minute),but in the mountains I think Quintana would drop alien.
Dont forget we havent seen Quintana in betserk mode this year!I think he has what it takes (he should be able to make a minute on him on stages 16 and 20 combine), he is The great climber.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Spain’s Joaquim Rodriguez says that the number of top names participating in the Vuelta a España this year is so high that it will be hard for a new GC challenger to emerge.

“In the Vuelta there’s almost always somebody new who makes his first bid as a GC rider, but this time round I think it’s going to be very hard,” the 35-year-old veteran said in a press conference on Thursday.

Almost every team here has a good rider for GC. I could see that just when I was having a meal in the restuarant of our hotel - and I was impressed by the number of other rivals who were eating there too.”

Lol, i love the guy:)

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
And concerning Contador

“I’m not so sure he’s going to be in poor shape,” Rodriguez claimed. “The good thing is this route is so hard we’ll see where he’s at from the word go." And he paid an indirect compliment to Contador's determination to succeed by concluding, "Basically, Alberto is going to be a favourite until it becomes clear that he’s decided that’s no longer the case.”

TRENDING THREADS