Vuelta a España Vuelta a España 2020: Stage 12 (Pola de Laviana > Alto de l'Angliru, 109.4 km)

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
There must be some action today right? It is penultimate mountain stage and last one with Alto de la Covatilla is kinda meh. Somebody need to do something. I wish some team will drill one of those 1st cat climbs. Or both of them.

Reactions: Pantani_lives
Has that climb ever been used in a race ?
I know it's rideable, no idea if it's been used in any sort of non-gimmick race - LFR says record is 1h24 up the climb, as remarked above I suppose it's more a logistical thing than any sort of actual rule about difficulty, I doubt the CPA would be too happy either.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Forum crash chances if victorious:

** *** Froome
**** Kuss, Woods
*** Van Garderen, Valverde

Looking at the forecast tomorrow, seems cloudy with little chance of rain, sadly this is probably the last race with a high chance of something spectacular happening until Richie darts up an Australian government approved Willunga Hill in a few months time.
I bet Froome is regretting gifting the win on Angliru to Contador a few years ago now. It was a nice gesture, but given what's happened since, he may never be in shape to win on it again.

Reactions: Sandisfan

ASK THE COMMUNITY

Latest posts