• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España Vuelta a España 2021: Stage 1 (Burgos - Burgos, 7.1 km / Prologue)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I doubt they can do it in 8 if it's a bit technical. Maybe 4-4:30 for the climb, 4:30-5 for the rest could be realistic.
8 requires the Kamikaze approach, imo. Doubt anyone will take a risk.
From the top to the finish I'd agree with the lower margin of your estimate.
To the top... although it's a fast gradient, depends on how quickly they get into the rhythm... the lower margin again, I'd say.

By the way, what bookmaker is offering you odds of 10,000-1?

Asking for a friend.
lol. I live in Pennsylvania, one of the few US states where online sports betting is legal, and I primarily use Fan Duel.

(Also, just to clarify for anyone who isn't a bettor, +10000 is American/moneyline* odds.

*Odds expression indicating return relative to 100 unit base figure. With money odds, whenever there is a minus (-) you lay that amount to win a hundred dollars, where there is a plus (+) you win that amount for every hundred dollars you bet.)

E8uYBM3XEAAcCuk

lol. I live in Pennsylvania, one of the few US states where online sports betting is legal, and I primarily use Fan Duel.

(Also, just to clarify for anyone who isn't a bettor, +10000 is American/moneyline* odds.

*Odds expression indicating return relative to 100 unit base figure. With money odds, whenever there is a minus (-) you lay that amount to win a hundred dollars, where there is a plus (+) you win that amount for every hundred dollars you bet.)

E8uYBM3XEAAcCuk

I'm more surprised to learn Fan Dual has cycling betting on it.

Where I live technically office pools for the NCAA Tournament is illegal.

E8uYBM3XEAAcCuk

Wait... the odds for Roglic are so low, they're in minus? So, if he wins, you have to pay them even more?

Nevermind...

Last edited:

E8uYBM3XEAAcCuk

Okay, so 100-1 odds then (if I understand correctly) not so great lol

TRENDING THREADS