• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España Vuelta a España 2021: Stage 21 (Padrón - Santiago de Compostela, 33.8 km / ITT)

It's easy to forget after today's shenanigans and with the now-massive gaps between most GC riders it won't change the final order much, but we still have a TT to end our six-GTs-in-13-months Covid special.

a02a9

The two main climbs are 1.6k at 7.6% and 1.7k at 5.6% respectively, with time checks at the summit of both. The little ramp in the final kilometre is 300m at 7.7%.

c1d0c

I was going to bank on him turning up for the start pretending nothing happened, like George Costanza in Seinfeld..

Will he then also try to poison someone, if he's denied entry?

Padrón peppers comes from this area originally, but since they aren't that hot, I don't expect anything spicy to happen.
Roglič will probably win, and De la Cruz will overtake Martin in the GC.

Last edited:
Damn, just checked the GC, these are 90s style gaps in the top 10. Großschartner is over 20 minutes down in 10th, Bernal still 6th despite almost 12 minutes down.
After tomorrow Roglic will most likely have over 4 minutes on Mas, who was the last winner with a 4 minute gap in the Vuelta? Heras? Ullrich?

But yeah, only changes I see is De la Cruz overtaking G Martin to get 8th - or is there a chance Yates takes a minute on Haig? I doubt it right? Haig should be solid.

Reactions: Sandisfan
This ITT is even more perfect for Roglič than the Olympic one. Even if he doesn't take risks, he should win comfortably. I don't even know who are his biggest challengers. Maybe Tratnik and Cerny on paper, but there should be too much climbing for them to be considered serious threats. Oliveira? Craddock? Cort again?

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS