• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España Vuelta a España 2022, stage 13: Ronda - Montilla, 168.4k

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Kern Pharma are once more not present in the break. Not impressed!
Anyway, three man break, this will go to a sprint, or a late attack.
it's probably the best stage for Kiko Galvan, though. Maybe he can get a Top 10 or so in the sprint.

Hope to see Parra up the road in one of the coming days. He is doing ok'ish on the climbs so far, and Sunday could suit him fairly well

The pace difference between these stages the tour was is even wider than it usually is I feel.

It's perfect in a way to get Evenepoel a first GT win and some confidence but I get the impression he has another gear that he won't get to show us as he hasn't looked under any major stress at any point which is a bit of a shame, climbing fast still but that San Sebastian climb was something else.

What does his age have to do with it? I thought the younger you were, the less you were affected by Covid.
So you already know the answers for the dangers to health in the long run of having your immunitary system fighting a nasty virus while doing daily sustained efforts in such a demanding sport like cycling in a GT?
I pointed that Ayuso is only 19 with the perspective that he’s still so young that I wouldn’t take any risks, he has many GT ahead of him. Even more, if there are always questions about the consequences for the careers longevity at the highest level of making much sooner riders race at GT I think that those questions make much more sense if we are talking having riders in the race while infected with covid.

Reactions: noob
The pace difference between these stages the tour was is even wider than it usually is I feel.

It's perfect in a way to get Evenepoel a first GT win and some confidence but I get the impression he has another gear that he won't get to show us as he hasn't looked under any major stress at any point which is a bit of a shame, climbing fast still but that San Sebastian climb was something else.

He definitely went all out on that first uphill finish where only Mas was able to follow him and also on that short steep finish where he dropped everyone. And of course the ITT where only Roglic managed to lose less than a full minute in 30 km.

While they are less affected, their immune system is also more active, But this gives you a higher chance of cardiac problems when stress loading the heart. (same is true for flu and other virusses). Typical advice is to not do high intensity during such an illness.
Now i suppose these riders are well monitored but still. (Now this is probably true for most of the peleton. Maybe only Valverde is safer in that area i think :p)
That was my point !

Reactions: noob

TRENDING THREADS