• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España Vuelta a España 2023, stage 13: Formigal - Col du Tourmalet, 134.7k

Page 48 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Kuss will probably win the Vuelta. He put in that huge attack near the end of the stage and looked very fresh as he crossed the line.
If he doesn't, Roglic certainly is capable. On other threads folks responded to this stage and forgot or ignored how the last 4 kms went down. Vindegaard attacked and Roglic marked the responders with Kuss close by, several times. When Kuss attacked, Roglic again stayed with the chasers and Kuss let up so as not to bring anyone that could threaten Vingo's GC into the top three. When Kuss made his solid attack at what, 2km Jonas had almost a minute lead. Roglic again sat on the other riders until about 1 km to go. Kuss "flew" to reduce Vindegaard's lead to about 30 seconds in that 2km. Roglic finished 3 seconds behind him after spotting him that last attack to finish 3rd on the stage and preserve his second GC position to Jonas. All without jeopardizing any teammates' final GC outcome.
That's being a disciplined and classy team player and a serious power rider to close that much time on Kuss.

If he doesn't, Roglic certainly is capable. On other threads folks responded to this stage and forgot or ignored how the last 4 kms went down. Vindegaard attacked and Roglic marked the responders with Kuss close by, several times. When Kuss attacked, Roglic again stayed with the chasers and Kuss let up so as not to bring anyone that could threaten Vingo's GC into the top three. When Kuss made his solid attack at what, 2km Jonas had almost a minute lead. Roglic again sat on the other riders until about 1 km to go. Kuss "flew" to reduce Vindegaard's lead to about 30 seconds in that 2km. Roglic finished 3 seconds behind him after spotting him that last attack to finish 3rd on the stage and preserve his second GC position to Jonas. All without jeopardizing any teammates' final GC outcome.
That's being a disciplined and classy team player and a serious power rider to close that much time on Kuss.
ya its a shame we didnt see the Roglastomp on those chasers, just saw him appear from nowhere as Kuss crossed the line.
Must have been quite a display!

Exactly. In my case that's why I didn't whine as much :D . I just remembered Carols being fed up by Sky/Ineos dominance, hopefully it's only because they did it in "lesser style", too
Actually there was a member that baited me ceaselessly Air someting or other. I responded until I set hm on ignore. But I've Never whined about parcours, weather, riders choices, organizers, etc. Just Froome Dawg pushed my buttons : ).

Disagree.

Kuss was just stronger than the rest of that group. It wasn't as though he was always sitting in the back like Roglic.

He was only one that followed Mas' attacks yesterday.
He was definitely stronger, save possibly for Roglic. I think Roglic's role was to protect Kuss 6 position in the event of gaps or mechanicals. Normally he likes to be behind JV's tempo machine, possibly because of the number of crashes he's suffered....
Kuss, also would have the assignment to watch Mas or Soler first.